Scene 23

Slowly, I made my way through the pool towards him, savouring how refreshing the water felt against my skin, as he stood up from his horizontal position on the sunlounger and stretched his long limbs.

When I reached the edge nearest to him, I rested my arms on the side and smiled up at him. I had to shield my face with my hand due to the bright light. Then, before I had the chance to register and react to what he was doing, he was running towards the pool and hugging his legs to his chest as he jumped into the water right beside me.

I laughed hysterically as the water splashed me in a wave which he created from jumping in. Coming to the surface not far from where I was floating, he ran his hands over his face and through his short hair.

But he also couldn't contain his laughter. It brightened his features as he chuckled contagiously, and the beaming expression which it created on his face was beautiful.

Then he reached for my hands through the water and pulled me towards him, wrapping his arms tightly around my waist as my arms looped instinctively around his firm shoulders. His body was still vibrating with laughter and because I was pressed against him, my body also absorbed his energetic happiness.

Slowly, he moved us through the water until I felt my back gently collide with the shiny wall of the edge of the pool. 

"Hey," he said softly, pulling my attention to his steady gaze.

Then he dipped his head down and kissed me. It was delicate and gentle, a comparison to his usual pace, but it ignited a steady burning fire in the core of my stomach.

Then, feeling a mischievous urge tingle in my veins, I pulled away from his lips and pushed his body away from mine, before swimming as fast as I could through the water to the other side of the pool. His confused expression quickly faded to amusement and he began to follow me.

I reached the opposite wall and stretched my arms out along the ledge, looking out at the view and briefly admiring the scenery before I felt the water swell around me as he approached from behind me.

His torso pressed against my back which brought out goosebumps on my skin despite my body being mostly submerged in water. His head dipped down and he touched his lips to the crook of my neck. 

"You can't get away from me that easily," he chuckled quietly.

His words caused my lips to form into a smile.

Then he gripped my waist under the water and spun me around to face him, and I inhaled an automatic sharp breath as his body pressed against mine and pushed me against the wall. His face was just inches from mine and he grinned devilishly at the response he managed to elicit from me.

Brushing my thumb across his cheek, I wiped away the water droplets which were sliding down his skin at the same time as he cupped my cheek in his hand and his lips crashed onto mine.

The kiss was deeper and more intense than it had been before, as if he would not let me get away this time. My skin burned with another type of heat, not just the warmth of the mediterranean air but also the heat from our passionate embrace and his body which towered in front of me.

Slowly, he moved our conjoined bodies along the wall until I felt myself slide into the corner of the pool at which point he rested both of his arms on each of the walls beside me, using his body to trap me in the corner. Without breaking the kiss, I felt his lips smile in satisfaction against mine.

My stomach churned rapidly with a tingling sensation which only increased impossibly more in intensity as he pushed lightly against me again and I sucked in another sharp breath. I was suddenly completely surrounded by him and it was beautifully overwhelming.

I couldn't help pulling back for a few seconds to catch my breath, which I struggled to keep steady as his body pressed against me, and he intently watched me losing all self-control with a playful amusement dancing in his eyes. A devilish smirk played with his lips before his tongue licked along his bottom lip.

"You okay baby?" He smiled quietly.
I nodded, still unable to form any coherent words.

His lips brushed over mine in the ghost of a kiss which only worsened the desperate state of my body.

He chuckled, and just as I thought I couldn't take the absence of his lips on mine any longer, he suddenly continued the kiss just where we had left it a few minutes ago, but this time with more heated passion than before.

I managed to lose all sense of my surroundings, where we were, what was happening in the background, and lose myself completely in the moment.

Suddenly, in the split second where my brain seemed to briefly regain coherent thoughts once again, I came to the abrupt realisation that there were other people around.

Although there were only a few holiday makers scattered about the pool, their presence reminded me that we were not alone.

"They're not looking," he said quietly, noticing my glance around the surroundings. "And if they are, I'm sure they're just jealous."

I chuckled softly at his teasing comment. But all the while I couldn't help but think how I had never imagined that word being applicable to me and my situation; I had never been the person that people were jealous of.

But maybe then I was.