Scene 14

It was hard to keep track of time, with the only thing signifying how long we had been there being the number of rounds we were on and by that point I had lost count.

But I knew that we had been there for a while because I was beginning to feel less self conscious and more confident, much like that night when I first met him. Suddenly, I wasn't as aware of the constant attention from everyone in the club and I felt more at ease.

"Right, let's play a game," someone from his group abruptly announced, "Never have I ever."

Everyone gathered eagerly around the table and the same guy continued.

"Never have I ever passed out drunk."

Most people raised their glass and took a sip, but mine stayed in its place on the table.

"Never have I ever got pregnant from a one night stand."

Again, my glass remained redundant in front of me, which it did for the majority of the first round.

"Never have I ever gone back to a toxic ex."

In the time that it took almost everyone in the circle to have their turn, except him, his best friend and I, I had only taken one sip of my drink.

One of his other friends chuckled and pointed his finger at me.

"If we continue like this we'll all end up drunk and you sober."

I smiled, but he responded beside me before I had the chance to answer myself.

"Don't worry," he smirked, "We haven't had my turn yet."

I raised my eyebrows at him accusingly and he chuckled along with his friends.

Then it was his turn.

"Never have I ever," he smiled mischievously, "Lost my virginity whilst drunk."

Glaring at him, I took a sip of my drink to an applause of gasps and laughter from the table.

Next it was my turn and I was determined to try and catch him out like he had done to me.

"Never have I ever been someone's first," I said bravely, watching his expression.

He smiled, cheeky yet seductive, and took a gulp of his drink to more applause from the group.

It was his best friend next who also attempted to catch him out with his turn, and then it went round the circle a second time with everyone going again until it landed on him.

"Never have I ever," he smirked, "had a one night stand."

I rolled my eyes, smiling, and had another sip along with him and some others from around the table.

By the time we reached the last round, everyone was significantly more drunk than they had been to begin with, and even though I was drunk too I was definitely not as drunk as the rest of the group.

I was curious to see what his last turn would be, and to be honest, it took me somewhat by surprise.

He cleared his throat, focusing his gaze steadily on me.

"Never have I ever fallen in love at first sight."

Subconsciously, my mouth opened slightly in shock before he winked at me and took a large swig from his glass, tipping it back and finishing the drink.

My heart warmed at his confession, tingling with gratitude and appreciation, and also touched by the fact that he admitted it in front of everyone at the table.

I smiled and took a sip myself. His eyes softened as he saw me drink, his lips forming into a content grin.

Leaning closer to me, his hand rested on my cheek before he chuckled and he kissed me.

"Aww look at the lovebirds." One of his friends teased, but he ignored them and continued kissing me in front of everyone, his body vibrating with happiness.

My arms found their way around his neck, pulling him even closer to me, as some of the people around the table began to disperse and go to the bar for another drink or back to the dance floor.

When we eventually pulled back, the same grin still had control of his handsome features.

"Did you mean that?" I smiled.

"Yeah of course." He chuckled, kissing me again. "Did you mean that?"

"Yes." I planted a kiss on his cheek. "I love you."

His grin broadened. "I love you."

His lips proceeded to move down to my neck, showering my skin with kisses, which made me giggle uncontrollably.

"Stop!" I exclaimed, trying to push him away.

He just chuckled at my attempt and pulled me into a hug, wrapping his arms tightly around my body.

Once again, our attention was drawn back to his best friend who had returned to the bar to continue flirting with the girl he had his eye on.

She was short compared to him, a tight dress clinging to her great figure and her glossy blonde hair tumbling over her shoulders. Makeup covered her petite features and a smile much like his had control of her lips.

"They look cute together." I said.

Just then, he noticed some of his other friends chatting to girls near the bar.

"Look at them," he commented, chuckling,

Not long afterwards his best friend returned to the table and this time with the blonde girl successfully on his arm.

He introduced her to us whilst we, holding back laughter, pretended as though we hadn't just been watching them for a significant amount of time.