Chapter 10 ~☆ I Thought You're Different ☆ ~

Start from the beginning

Nothing made sense, the harsh reality of the situation evading him. He was left with only questions that remained unanswered.

He sprinted to his phone, panic reflected in his eyes as he skidded across the screens, wth a disgruntled air, his tone conveyed his irritation as he spoke in a reprimanding voice, saying -

" Nirjhara, if these extreme emotions of yours are a result of your monthly cycle,then, I am in no mood to handle your mood swings right now. This week my diary is already brimming with meetings, conferences and a visit to Delhi for the parliamentary session. I'm totally tied up this week. I am completely aware how clingy and grouchy you can be during this phase. Your pre and post phases always make me want to pull my hair out, compared to how you act during your periods. "

His brows knotted together, a sign of his discontentment, forehead creased in frustration, clearly revealing how irritated he felt about her time of the month.

A wave of relief washed over him as he un-creased his brows - the worry and tension from a few minutes ago dissipating - 'Phew!' He exclaimed when his phone app confirmed she was not on her period.

While mumbling, '' Nirjhara, otherwise I wouldn't have known what to do with you this whole week. The way your emotions change in a matter of minutes really tugs at all my nerves; I always don't know how to deal with this fussy kitten. " In response he let out a deep breath in relief and his body gradually began to relax. He shook his head gently, still murmuring, he closed his eyes and sighed.

While scrolling the phone, his eyes stuck on a particular picture, his eyes softened and take him into the loop of almost two and a half years back.

▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎ \\ Flashback ▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎ \\

Fifteen days after their marriage, Vishvaraj and he had to abruptly go to Australia for a crucial business deal that needed to be signed. Although he had not considered bringing Nirjhara with him, but his mother wouldn't let the matter slide and so he acquiesced by calling it a 'Honeymoon'.

However, the reality of the trip bore no resemblance to the romantic honeymoons of movies and novels, it was far from a romantic getaway; it was strictly a business trip.

■■■■■

Nirjhara was peacefully asleep, but her parched throat woke her up at midnight. However, sleep clung to her eyes, and her lids kept closing and opening again with blurred vision. Her hand was just about to reach out to beside her, she groggily groped around the bed in search of Prithviraj, yet the spot next to her felt empty. He was nowhere in sight, but his shirt the only remnant of his whereabouts.

Disheartened, she rose from the bed, Cinching the duvet closer to her chest, she woke up groggily and sat upright on the bed, rubbing her sleepy eyes. Her gaze wandered around the room fruitlessly, not finding him anywhere.

Suddenly, worry of frowns appeared on her forehead and her hold on her duvet, which she was tightly clutching near her naked chest, got even more tightened. The huge, luxurious dark room felt like a dungeon, bringing flashbacks of similar moments when her Grandfather used to punish her. She hastily put on his shirt which was lying next to her.

Taking a deep breath, switched on the side lamp and stepped onto the wooden floor. But the sharp pain between her thighs made her wince in pain reminded her of their passionate movements. She tightly shut her eyes, pursing her lips together to suppress it. But Ignoring the painful whimper, she get up.