Chapter 9

“Does Becky know?”

Engfa whispers aggressively.

“Knows about what?”

Freen needs to process the question. She is caught off guard when Engfa drags her inside the dressing room.

Obviously, Engfa means business.

She tiptoes to check if someone is in the vicinity. She does not want to be caught. She just locked Freen inside a room with just the two of them.

First, she does not want to create a negative implication from her actions, she is an engaged woman for sweet potatoe's sake, and second, she can feel David pondering about the two of them.

Engfa needs to be one step ahead of her or else, things will be out of hand.

When it is clear she reverts her attention back to Freen.

“Does Becky know?” Asks Engfa. More deliberately. She is almost glaring to Freen.

“About? Engfa,” Freen refuses to look at Engfa’s eyes. Her throat dries up with the proximity.

Freen will lie if she says that this does not affect her. She is sweating and tensed up.

“Can you move please,” Freen says in a whisper. She is looking on the side feeling all heat up and embarrassed on their proximity.

Engfa furrows her eyebrows. She even asked why Freen is acting so sensitive.

She looks at their position and she clenches her jaw.

Engfa did not realize that she is pinning Freen on the wall, holding the latter’s shoulder. With their bodies, so close to each other.

Her eyes almost pop out from its sockets. She stiffens.

They both fluster.

Engfa moves away immediately.

Freen’s shoulder relaxes. She lets out a long relieving sigh. She even puffs her cheeks, and when she completely retrieves herself back, she starts talking.

“Becky knows about my parents. If that is what you are asking,” Freen faces Engfa with hands on her waist.

Engfa nods slowly in acknowledgment. She is still flustered about the previous scene.

She opens her mouth and about to say something, but Freen beats her on it.

“If you are asking if Becky knows about my past, yes. We talked about it. She knows that I did not have any serious relationship except…. Her”

Becky invades Freen’s head in that instant.

She is her unicorn, figuratively and trivially. When, she first saw Becky; Freen never wanted to look on somewhere else, in something else. So, thinking about Becky makes Freen smile in nothingness, she also makes Freen exhilarate even by just smiling in her thoughts.

Becky is Freen’s definition of happiness.

Engfa notices that dumbfounded look displays on Freen’s face.

The look of a bewildered person of being in love, but Engfa is not convinced.

She knows Freen too well to believe this.

“Freen, if in case you are playing Becky, you better stop now, David is no joke, even if you are the daughter of Trump or Prince William or the Prime Minister, you hurt his daughter you’ll end up in the News.”

Freen playfully glares at Engfa, cursing her on the threat.

She did that because Engfa just interrupted her favorite leisure; thinking of Becky.