CHAPTER 11: YOU WOULDN'T WANT TO DO ME A FAVOR WOULD YOU?

Start from the beginning

Doug came in.  He said, "hey don't blow this Hanson. Don't go attack Booker in front of Sydney because you're hurt he is on a case. That's not her fault Adam put her on it."

I said, "I know it. I just hate it. And I just she was so excited to work with him, I just am afraid they are going to bond and get closer, you know I mean I guess he hasn't been going out with her, as friends has he?"

Doug said, "no not that I know of. And I think you'd hear it from him if he was."  I said, "yeah for sure."

Syd's view:

It was Thursday. School was actually out so everyone had off from cases but still reported to the station.  Adam called a meeting.

He said, "guys I am in a good mood today, so I will let you go have tomorrow off  if you want."   All the guys cheered.

Adam said, "I am actually leaving town in a few and I won't be back until middle of next week. You know the drill.  Call me if you need me for anything. Hanson is in charge while I'm gone. If you need anything and want to just call him feel free, but if it's big then either you or Hanson better be calling me."  Hanson said, "yes sir."  Adam left.

About an hour after he left. Booker said, "see ya Hanson. Hey you ladies want to go to the mall. I'll suffer and hang out at the mall with you."  Judy said, "I'm in."  Tom said, "hey um I don't think so. This is Thursday"  Harry said, "so we don't have cases no school. I'm in"  I looked at Tom.  The look on his face I had to look down so I didn't laugh.

Doug said, "we talking lunch because if so I'm in"  Tom said, "no you guys come on. You can't just leave."

Dennis said, "watch us"

Judy said, "Come on Hanson you can come too."  Tom rolled his eyes.

I laughed.  he looked at me.

I looked away.

He said, "we have work to do."  Doug said, "what work"  Harry said, "no school Hanson"  Booker laughed.  He said, "I can't imagine how nerdy you were in school. I mean"  Tom said, "Shut up. I wasn't a nerd."  Dennis said, "says the guy who has never cut a class in his life."  Tom gave him a look.

Doug said, "Hanson why are you being a party pooper"  Tom said, "there is no party. You guys have work to do."  Judy said, "we don't have work to do dear. Unless you mean shopping for the latest fashions because then Syd and I are working"

We laugh.  He looks at me.

I said, 'you guys Tom is right, I mean Adam said we could take Friday off, I didn't hear him say anything about today?"

Tom said, "See thank you very much Sydney"

Dennis said, "True, but Adam is at the airport getting on a plane, and he's not going to know"

Judy said, "Hanson what work do we have?"  Dennis said, "i mean if it is answering the phone, well that's easy, you are in charge, you're the boss, so Hanson you stay and answer the phone. Problem solved. Let's go kiddos"

Everyone got up. I didn't.  Tom said, "Fine go ahead. But I was thinking we could get this place cleaned."  They all looked at him like he was insane.  I had to laugh.

Doug said, "Hanson what"  Harry said, "you can't be serious. I mean we do have a janitor who that is his job."  

Tom said, "I know that but, I mean come on, you never know, we could be on the list for one of those surprise visits from someone in headquarters."  Harry said, "So"  Tom said, "So don't you want this place to look spotless. I mean come on Judy your magazines are all over your desk. The tables need washed down. The floor needs mopped.  Desks need straightened. This place kind of looks bad, and I mean we don't want Adam to look bad do we"