Chapter 21

Despite her short answer, Jungkook did not hide his joy. His big body was stiff with tension, and the handsome face was full of expectations.

Lisa hesitated and opened her mouth first. In the beginning, she decided to speak coldly on purpose.

"Stop sending me gifts. There isn't enough space here."

"They are not gifts."

"What...?"

When Lisa only blinked as she could not understand his words, Jungkook added an explanation.

"It seemed that there were a lot of things that were lacking because you went out with just one suitcase."

It was absurd to think like that. Lisa pointed to the flowers that filled the parlor.

"That's enough! Then what are those flowers? Did I leave that too?"

"I did it because I was worried that if I just sent the other things, it would look disrespectful."

"What?"

Lisa laughed involuntarily. At the same time, Jungkook's face loosened. He even smiled.

His eyes, which usually looked angry because they stretched upward, curved beautifully. He was so handsome when he smiled. It was too much.

Lisa, staring blankly at him, came to her senses after a while. Ah, this isn't the time. Lisa made up an angry face.

"Don't laugh! I'm still angry."

"I'm sorry."

Jungkook quickly hardened his face. Lisa's heart softened when she saw his well-trained puppy-like appearance.

No, her resentment was long gone as soon as she heard his confession. It is said that if you love, you lose. Lisa decided to ask what she had wanted to ask since they were communicating right now. She wanted her voice to sound cold.

"Why did you pretend to lose your memory? No, when did you get your memory back?"

"That...."

Jungkook swept his face as if it were hard to talk and sighed for a long time. After a moment of hesitation, he finally opened his mouth.

"It is true that I lost my memory in the subjugation. Getting my memories back... It was the very next day after I returned to the mansion."

"... you, you...!"

Shameless! He was such a sly man!

Lisa's face turned red. Jungkook quickly opened his mouth again when she looked like she would get up from her seat at any moment.

"I was just afraid that you would abandon me! I never thought to... make fun of you."

"Why are you talking about me? Don't make weird excuses!"

Jungkook sighed again and rubbed his wrinkled brow.

"You... you don't like warm men...."

"What?"

"You said that.... A man who falls in love easily is no fun."

"What are you talking about?"

Jungkook closed his eyes tightly. His ears were dyed red and his brow furrowed. Lisa stared intently as his handsome face drenched in embarrassment.

"I heard.... you talking with Lady Jackson..., yes, I eavesdropped. I apologize for that."

Eavesdropped? Apologizing aside, what conversation was he talking about....