Chapter 7

If that really happened, it would be much better to get a divorce. Even if she doesn't connect with the one she loves, she will remain in his memory as a gentle and aristocratic woman until the end!

Lisa decided to strip off the ridiculous lingerie before calling her maid. She overcame the terrible headache and muscle aches and got her body up. At that moment, something dripped from between her legs.

It wasn't a very strange feeling. But she wasn't even menstruating. Lisa's eyes turned to the white liquid flowing between her thighs. It was not menstrual blood. She seemed to know what it was....

Then Lisa suddenly found a bruise she had never seen on her wrist. It looked as if someone had tightly held her with their hand. Suddenly, her back ached. But the pain was much more tolerable than the bitterness of shame.

"No way...."

No way, no way... it probably didn't happen. Lisa's face turned white. No, no way. It could have never happened.

But why does her body ache so much? And this liquid.... Then the dream....

"Ahhh...."

It meant that all of the things she had done while she was intoxicated and angry were real?

"Ahhhhhhh!"

Lisa crawled back into her bed and pulled the blanket over her head. She then started screaming and kicking her blanket.

Lisa looked across the table at the man who was slicing with a nonchalant expression. Jungkook looked as stoic as ever. As if nothing really happened last night.

By the way, how did she come back to her room? Did Jungkook do it himself? No, he probably doesn't remember where her room is yet.... No, that's not the point now.

'We really did it....'

It was funny how Lisa's heart throbbed just looking at the cold face. She was ecstatic to think that they were really married now.

Lisa stared blankly at Jungkook, not putting food in her mouth. Dark eyebrows, sharp eyes, a high nose, and a perfect jawline that seemed like a craftsman painstakingly sculpted. He was a perfect handsome man with delicate beauty and manliness that coexisted at the same time. Besides, for some reason, he looked even cooler today.

Ah..., that such a handsome man is her husband. It didn't feel as real even more than when she landed a contract with Jungkook and got married to him. Lisa forgot to eat her meal and just stared at him.

Then her eyes finally met Jungkook's eyes. Lisa's shoulders twitched.

"Do you have anything to say?"

"Yes?"

Her tiny shoulders trembled at his cold-sounding words.

"I'm saying this because you aren't eating and just staring blankly at my face."

"Ah...."

Embarrassed, Lisa turned her gaze to her plate. The meat had not been touched, and only her garnish had traces of nibbling. Conversely, Jungkook's plate was cleanly empty.

"Aren't you going to eat?"

"......."

At those words, her heart, which had swelled up immediately, shrank. Lisa's grinning mouth tightly shut. Not to mention, Jungkook didn't seem any different, let alone as excited as Lisa. Had he been possessed by a ghost yesterday?

Of course, there was a change. Former Lisa and Jungkook didn't say a word of private conversation at dinner. They only talked to check the schedule of parties or events that they had to attend. In other words, he wasn't the kind of person who said anything about her staring at him.

She wished that he could treat her a little more kindly. No, maybe he's regretting what he did while under the influence of alcohol. I guess that's right. If you even hate me looking at you like this.

It stung her chest. Lisa bite into the food almost like new.

"Dessert is ready."

She felt a stinging gaze from the other side, but Lisa didn't look back. When she met his cold eyes again, it seemed that she would only feel worse for nothing.

Lisa took the liberty of getting out of her seat first even though it was disrespectful. In the meantime, her back hurt and tears welled up. Until a while ago, this kind of pain was just embarrassing, it wasn't this sad.

Warm sunlight came in through the window in the hallway. Normally, she would have taken a walk in the garden, but her body and mood were not good. Lisa paused her feet for a moment and looked out of the window.

A landscape of white apple blossoms caught her eye. Birds flying in pairs. A sad smile spread across Lisa's lips when she saw the appearance that was completely different from her and Jungkook.

"Lisa."

Then she heard a voice from an unexpected person. Lisa turned to where she heard the voice coming from.

"Jungkook...."

A man who was large enough to feel intimidating was approaching. His cold eyes were still there. Lisa unknowingly took a step back.

Then Jungkook frowned as if he didn't like it. Lisa's blue eyes cast a melancholy glow.

This person will never love me. The inside of her chest was painful. She had to try not to show her tears.

"Does it hurt somewhere?"

"No...."

"But why...."

Jungkook stopped talking uncharacteristically and clapped his lips. For a moment, and soon after, he took the matter of last night out of his mouth.

"Is it because of me?"

Lisa's face heated up. She couldn't even open her mouth and shook her head.

Was her walking pose so strange? Well, this man was a famous knight on the continent. He would have recognized at a glance how uncomfortable her body was.

But she didn't want to tell. At least not to him. To the cold-hearted man who pretended that what happened last night was nothing.

Come to think of it, Jungkook put clothes on Lisa, who was sleeping, and took her to her room. Perhaps he thought that he was just doing his duty. Without knowing that it was their first night together.

After all, yesterday Lisa had literally spent the night on her own. At that thought, tears welled up and she lowered her head.

"Excuse me for a moment."

At that moment, her body was lifted up. Surprised by a sharp rise in vision, Lisa wrapped her arms around Jungkook's neck. When their eyes met, he frowned again.

"If it hurts to the point of crying, tell me."

But the words that came out of his mouth were not so sharp, and Lisa forgot her dismay in an instant and she rested her head on his shoulder.

Thump, thump, she could her the heart beating. Maybe it was because her heart was beating so fast, but it felt like Jungkook's heart was beating faster.