Chapter 17

Lisa forgot her appearance and ran into her bedroom. As soon as she entered the room, she rushed to the door and locked it, even though she knew Jungkook wasn't following her.

She gasped for breath and leaned her back against the door. She lost energy in her legs in an instant. She buried her face in her hands and sat down on the spot.

She wanted to cry, but no tears came out. She only gasped for breath. Her stomach felt stuffy. Lisa sighed, sweeping down her face.

"Ahh...."

Sitting on her floor, Lisa took a few long deep breaths. She didn't even run that long, but her heart was beating like it was going to explode. But she knew that it wasn't because she ran.

The hallway was quiet. She couldn't hear anything that could be mistaken for Jungkook's footsteps. Lisa struggled to get up and barely walked to her bed. And she eventually collapsed onto the bed as soon as he got close.

Lisa lifted her blanket and crawled into it. With her face buried in the pillow, she pulled the duvet up to her head.

She then screamed, stomping her feet.

"Aaaaaaaaaaaaaah...!"

A scream, clogged with thick cloth, echoed through the bedroom.

~

From where to where did Jungkook remember? Don't tell me he remembers everything. No, looking at his attitude a little while ago, it must have been so. A small moan leaked through her red lips.

But now he was treating Lisa naturally like his real wife. He was polite, but unlike before when he drew a line, he approached her without hesitation, though often mischievous. They even recently started sleeping and waking up in the same bedroom!

Heat rose in her face. Lisa bit her lip.

'He's a sly person....'

When did he get his memories back? On the first day, Jungkook had apparently lost his memory of her. He couldn't even remember where his room was or where the dining room was. As they ate together, he asked why he had become the son-in-law.

Was his memory back when she broke into his room wearing a see-through lingerie saying that she would teach him how to sleep with a woman? Or on a day when she forced him to take her hunting, and had an intense love making session in the cottage, not knowing when someone might come in? When she talked about the fake absurd proposal?

... What was that letter?

"If it's a letter I wrote before we got married and brought it here, it was probably meant to be delivered to you."

"I think I was trying to convey that message to you."

"......."

Her cheeks were burning hot. Did Jungkook have his memories back then? If so, what was he thinking when he said that? Lisa covered her red face with her hands. She was embarrassed and seemed to faint at any moment.

"Really, what is happening?"

Why didn't he say anything? To make fun of her? If not....

The more she thought, the more her mind went into a mess. She couldn't think properly because she kept thinking about all the hijinks she had done in front of him.

Lisa shook her head quickly, scattering the horrific memories of herself. She jumped out of her seat, shoved her money into a bag, which was only packed with simple clothes.

'I don't know, whatever. Let's get out of here for now.'

Right now, she couldn't face Jungkook. Lisa decided to go to Rebecca's house first.