Chapter 1

Countess Lisa Lampard opened the window with trembling hands. The capital was buzzing with the sound of people welcoming the returning soldiers.

"Long live the Woburn Kingdom! Long live the Woburn Knights!"

"Duke Owen! Ahh! Please look over here!"

"Look over there! The person riding the black horse at the front is the commander of the Holy Knights!"

Lisa forgot her grace and stretched her body out of the window. Her blue eyes moved busily around and soon captured a red flag with a lion's head. Soon after, her eyes turned to the man leading the Order of the Holy Knights.

The man riding on a gigantic horse was as majestic as the horse. The silver armor he wore was no different from that of other knights, and his helmet completely covered his head. But the countess recognized at a glance that he was her husband. She licked her lips and spit out her husband's name awkwardly.

"Jungkook...."

A strong wind blew. Her hair, which had been tied up loosely, came untied and flew towards the boulevard. Her rich blonde hair fluttered in the wind.

Then Count Lampard took off his helmet. As the handsome face of a man was revealed, the screams of the women grew even louder. The Countess lifted her head and looked at Count Lampard in the distance.

"......!"

For a moment, it felt as if their eyes met, Lisa quickly fell from the window. But the misunderstanding was clear. There was no way we'll ever see eye to eye from a far distance he....

'Can't see me....'

Even if he saw her, all he looked at was his house and met eyes of the woman with loosely ruffled hair.

Her cheeks were burning red. Lisa took a deep breath, sat in front of the mirror, and started dressing up again.

"Sasha, that's too flashy. Bring something with less lace. Anna, can you put my hair higher than before. The decoration should be made of pearls."

Lisa put much more effort into getting ready than usual.

Today was an important day. The day Count Jungkook Lampard returned.

And the day their marriage contract ends.

She put a cold spoon over her eyes before putting on her make-up, trying to make herself presentable with her puffy eyes from the tears of the night before. (TN: Koreans put cold spoons to de-puff eyes)

Lisa was the only daughter the Count Lampard who was barely fifty. Since Lisa's mother lost her life giving birth, the Count poured all his attention and love into his precious only daughter.

Thanks to that, Lisa grew up doing everything she wanted to do. Although she was a Count's daughter, she was reckless and clumsy in more than one way, but everyone around Lisa just took it as it was. And also....

"I'm going to marry my dad when I grow up!"

"Ha ha, this kid. You can't marry your father."

"Then I'm not getting married!"

"Okay, don't get married. Lisa can live on her father's wealth for the rest of her life."

"Wow! Dad is the best!"

It was like that for Count Lampard.

But that didn't last long either. It was the year when Lisa was 23. A rare shout echoed from Count Lampard, who usually couldn't stop laughing.

"You said that it was okay if I don't get married!"

"That was just a saying!"

"Nonsense! You liar!"