25.5: The Messenger

Word spread like wildfire in the underground. Princess Marie was joining hands with Devil's Judgement. I never understood why royals always seemed to team up with the most evil of organizations. Was it arrogance? The desire to manipulate everything? The correlation between psychotic tendencies and the royal families? I wasn't sure, but there was one thing I was certain of: Erilyn needed to be prepared. Everyone knew this was Princess Marie's way of gunning for Erilyn. But I wasn't going to let that happen, neither was Saint's Domain. As soon as word got out on Princess Marie's decision, Saint's Domain sent me an order to monitor Erilyn and prepare her for the upcoming possibilities. 

Some people in Devil's Judgement were saying there was going to be an attack on the palace, led by Princess Marie. Personally, I couldn't imagine her leading anything. She was much too ignorant for that, and liked to keep her hands hidden. We all knew she was the one who killed Prince Izen. Nobody had any proof, except for me. 

When Princess Marie had made her move that night, approaching me and offering herself to me to fulfill my sexual desires, I knew something was up. She may be an absolute bitch of a woman, and cunning for sure, but her obvious way of using others never went unnoticed. Trained from youth to be the head of the aristocracy, she was as tainted as the rest of them and even then maybe more-so. It wasn't difficult to find the dagger that she used, blood still staining the hilt in the areas she missed when she cleaned it off. It was small enough she probably found an easy place to hide it on her person where Izen wouldn't notice. I had saved it, waiting for the opportunity to expose her so that she could be investigated and removed from the running for the throne.

One thing was for sure, Erilyn needed to wake up soon. Or we wouldn't be able to remove Princess Marie from the running and Erilyn would be eliminated.