1 - "sleepover"

FIA

i just finished packing my bag to sleepover at my best friend , callie's house.

we've always had sleepovers , ever since we were kids.

it's always been easy for us since the scobells lived just down the road from us.

i give myself a quick look in the mirror , looking away then quickly looking back at myself.

i looked rough , i barely slept last night since i was doing homework i procrastinated on.

i walk to my vanity applying some light makeup and brushing my hair , i usually put it in a bun and go but i left it out today.

"okay theo , i'm leaving!" i shouted out to my older brother , since our parents were out on date night.

"okay bye!" he shouted back from his room.

i left and walked to the scobells house.

i knock on the door , no response. even though i can hear something playing on the tv.

callie did say her and her twin brother walker were home alone tonight too , maybe she was coming downstairs so i waited.

i decided to the ring the doorbell , maybe she didn't hear me.

i hear a loud sigh as the sound you could hear on the tv suddenly stopped.

the door opens , revealing walker with an annoyed look on his face.

"seriously fia? just as it was time for the big plot twist" he says , stepping aside to let me in.

"hello to you too , scobell" i look at the tv then back at him , "it's spiderman walker , i'm sure you've seen this so called plot twist hundreds of times" i put a hand on his shoulder , knowing about his spiderman obsession.

"you feel the shock everytime though!" he swats my hand away.

"where's cal?" i say , plopping my bag down on the carpet.

his smile faded a bit , "she's still in the shower " he muttered.

"oh , guess i'll stay for the shocking plot twist then" i grinned as i sat on the couch.

his lips curved back up into a smile , sitting on the other end.

he grabbed the remote , pressing play.

it was the scene of gwen's death , we both sat there and watched.

"she really cracked him up" walker shook his head in disbelief.

i nudge him and laugh , he starts laughing too.

"that was outta pocket" i say.

"what are you guys doing?" a voice says behind us , causing us both to jump.

"oh my god where did you come from" i chuckled , my hand on my chest.

callie smiled , still drying her hair with a towel.

"cmon fia , and walker don't steal my wife next time" she said, rolling her eyes at the end.

"whatever" he said , eyes still on the tv screen.

i glanced at walker smiling , then back at callie as we went up the stairs.

when we got in her room we started gossiping first , obviously.

then we moved on and started  online shopping and browsing at sephora since that's what we do best.

"i have that lip balm , it's amazing" i say , "added to cart" callie says.

we scroll even more , watch modern family and gossip some more for hours.

then we kinda reached to the point where both of us are just chilling on our phones , it was currently 11pm.

i felt weird , so i decide to have some water.

thankfully , there was a whole tray of water that callie put in her room.

i have a bottle , which turns into two , then three and now the fourth.

"dude are you okay , that's your fourth bottle in the past what? hour?" callie asked , concerned.

"yeah don't worry , it's just my diabetes , my blood sugar is probably high but this happens sometimes i know how to fix it" i said.

she nodded and went back on her phone.

i've had diabetes for a year now , and i've gotten really good at handling it.

nothing bad has happened since i started having it and i know how to manage everything, especially since i have an app for it too.

i check my app and my blood sugar is really high , so i go to the bathroom and test.

i come back and some time passes , it is almost 2am , callie is already asleep but i'm awake scrolling on tiktok.

i don't have energy but i can't sleep no matter how hard i try.

i check my app and my blood sugar is , very , very low.

i decide to go downstairs since i know there's juice in the fridge that i can drink.

i feel light headed going down the stairs , but i make it to the kitchen and open the fridge.

i take the apple juice box and close the fridge door.

as i was about to poke the straw in my head starts pounding , so i put my hand to my head and close my eyes.

"fia?" i hear a voice behind me.

AUTHORS NOTE
hey! kinda forgot about this but finally first chapter is out! sorry if this is inaccurate to diabetes i kinda just copied the stacey episode on the babysitters club 😭😭 correct me if anything's wrong!