Chapter 9: Eloise Ann Sarphit

There was this boy in her class, she found him very annoying and arrogant. If Eloise was being honest she wanted to punch him in the face but she wasn't allowed to. He looked down on the 2s and 1s but then sucked up to the 4s and 5s. To be fair almost every other 3 in her class which consisted of year 3s acted this way but he was worse.

He made fun of her family. He liked to brag that he came from a long line of 3s, both his parents and he and his older brother (who was a year older than him and way nicer) were 3s as well as his grandparents and great grandparents on both sides.

Meanwhile, according to him, her family tree was not as good because both her Mom and younger sister were 1s. At the very bottom. Well the bottom before 0s but no one talked about those people. Apparently 0s were dirty and bug infested people who clug to life even though it clearly wasn't meant to be. Or at least that's what she'd been told. She hadn't really seen any 0s herself so she couldn't if it was true or not.

Eloise also didn't have a lot of friends due to people misinterpreting her expressions (she tended to have resting bitch face) and Eloise wasn't going to waste her time trying to change people's opinions. And the one, if not the only friend she did have, Melody, was a 1 and you could probably guess what that meant. Him making fun of her for "being friends with a sniveling 1".

"Oh no." Melody said worryingly.

"What is it Melody?" Eloise asked looking at the mentioned person.

"HE's here" she said pointing to right ahead of them.

Sure enough he was walking twords them with his little minions on either side of him. She gritted her teeth. "Xavier."

"Oh look, if it isn't the half-breed and her little flea infested 1." He said, that irritating smirk plastered onto his face.

Eloise really wanted to wipe that smile off his stupid, idiotic face. And she just couldn't take his relentless insults on her and the people she cared about so it really shouldn't even be her fault for what happened next.

Next thing she knew she had flown across the hall and punched him square in the jaw ignoring Melody's pleas to "just leave it be" and of course he just had to go running off to tell the adults and of course she got in trouble when he started this whole mess in the first place. He was all bark and no bite and she couldn't stand people like that.
_____________________

"But Dad, in my defense he started it when he called me a half-breed and Melody my "little flea infested 1" so all I did was finish what he started so in all honesty you shouldn't even be mad at me... also it was only one punch that probably didn't even hurt that badly." Eloise tried to explain.

"It doesn't matter, I thought I taught you better than to let someone's words get to you and stoop down to their level and start fights. And look where it's got you, suspended, for a week. And I can't even do anything about it because you punched him first! What have I told you, if you have to get into a physical fight never ever be the one to throw the first punch!" Eloise's Father said in an exasperated manner.

"So are you mad at me?" Eloise asked tentatively.

Eloise's Father looked at her before pinching the bridge of his nose in between his eyebrows and letting out a heavy sigh before saying the line that no child wants to hear, "No, I'm not mad, just disappointed."

Eloise looked down at the floor ashamed. "Am I grounded?"

"Just for today, I think being suspended is enough punishment by itself but trust me you will be apologizing to Xavier for your little stunt, and no exceptions!" He firmly said after seeing Eloise begin to protest.

With nothing else to do Eloise trodded up the stairs sullenly to her room passing her little sister Marie who was crouched down at the top of the stairs no doubt eavesdropping and had at least the dignity to run along once she saw her older sister approaching.

733 words.