December 10th, 1994

𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝒯𝓌𝑒𝓃𝓉𝓎-𝐹𝑜𝓊𝓇

"OW! That fucking hurt!"

"Oh, stop being dramatic, and let me see."

Iris scowled as Tracey got up in her face again, doing the absolute bare minimum and finally releasing the clamp from her nose. A small bit of relief that meant nothing when Tracey started pulling at the needle sticking through her septum.

Iris was about to start another round of whining when the door opened... four pairs of eyes went wide at their intruder... Jane Yaxley, having caught them red-handed.

Perhaps they could have had time to jump and hide; Jane had to have spent an eternity just frozen in time as she took in just what her friends were doing. Eyes darting between Valeria quietly doing her hair just to the side of Sally-Ann, Sally-Ann hovering over Tracey's shoulder, Tracey hovering in Iris' face... and Iris with a needle in her nose.

Looking every bit like a tired mother... Jane sighed, "What is happening?"

"They are mutilating me."

Tracey's face scrunched as she sent Iris perhaps the harshest look she could manage, puffing her cheeks before shooting out the real answer, "Sally-Ann just wants a piercing, and we are using Iris for practice."

Iris nodded along, "So she is admitting to mutilation, self-incrimination."

Tracey sent Iris a blasphemous look, "You volunteered!"

Iris shrugged, "I am a minor. I can't consent to poking holes in my body."

Valeria narrowed her eyes as she fact-checked, "No legal age for piercing on this side of the pond."

And Sally-Ann was quick to show just why this had all started, "No, went to Pomfrey, and apparently Scotland needs a guardians consent until 16."

"And I don't have a real legal guardian, so fuck you all."

Valeria had already moved on from Iris' whining again, looking to Sally-Ann as she posed a question, "Does Hogwarts have to fall under those laws?"

On the other hand, Tracey was not yet done with Iris, "You can't just start shouting mutilation because you suffered a little pinch."

Sally-Ann answered to Valeria, "Who do you think you are talking to right now?"

Iris was still very much so gonna shout about mutilation some more, by the way. "How about I shove a needle through you, and we can see if it is a little pinch?"

A headache... Jane was getting a headache. So she grabbed the nearest pillows she could before turning on her friends, who had so easily been distracted by their little squabbles and questions. And with all the love in her heart... sent them flying.

Relishing in the four quick successions of perfect thumps.

And shaking her head with a bright smile as her four headaches all turned on her. She ignored the complaints, nothing but love for these morons to be found in her eyes as she joined them on the ground with a nod towards Iris, "So is this a safe practice in the muggle world?"

Sally-Ann and Tracey cringed, Valerie giggling as Tracey tried to answer, "Well, Sally-Ann's cousin sent her notes and proper supplies, so it is—"

"Septum piercings are incredibly dumb to do without any prior practice."

Sally-Ann sneered at Iris, "So Tracey is practicing on you."

They started bickering again, the three of them. Tracey grabbed the needle in Iris' nose again, noticing it had already started being pushed out.