...

being andrés guardado's daughter came with a lot of advantages. this meaning that the whole mexican national team treated you as their little sister/niece, all except for diego. although it was funny how the whole mexican team would make fun of the couple.

memo who was your god father would always get you out of trouble when it came to boys. as soon as you and diego started dating, andrés was a bit overly protective. it could've been because you were his first born or because you were dating diego.

"ya déjala ir compadre, se van a comportar verdad chiquillos" memo looked at the couple and both nodded their heads.

(c'mon just let them go they will behave right kids?)

"si mi nino tiene razón papi, nos vamos a comportar bien y diego me va a dejar en la casa temprano" y/n said then smiled.

(yes my godfather (nickname) is right dad, we'll behave and diego is going to bring me back home early)

andrés looked conflicted, until diego spoke, "no te preocupes nada más vamos a comer un helado y luego la dejo en su casa".

(don't worry we're just going to eat ice cream and then i'll bring her back home)

he couldn't resists and finally let the couple go and gave them permission. that's how it started, their relationship was cute. the team picked on diego and andrés but it was all in good fun.

"jugó bien tu yerno hoy no príncipe?" memo joked around with andrés who just playfully rolled his eyes.

(your son in law played good today right?)

the team was playing today and diego made a mistake, he got frustrated.

"aver si no te regaña el suegro dieguito" kevin laughed while he nudged diego.

(hope your father in law doesn't get mad)

it was little things like that, that kept the team playfully interacting with andrés and diego. at the end of the day andrés trusted diego with his daughter, since he basically saw him grow as football player and young man.

it was so ironic that diego also played with andrés in real betis. it made their father- son in law relationship more at ease, playful bickering, and building trust.

y/n was meeting up with her dad and diego after the real betis game, they had won the last game of the season. the whole family went to see andrés and diego, after the game y/n brought maximo, her younger brother to see her dad and his "tio diego". he had been around the boy ever since he was born so he called all the boys his uncles, even diego.

"vamos a ver a mi tio diego!!" maxi skipped around and chanted.
(we're going to see my uncle diego)

"si maxii ya nos esta esperando" y/n smiled as she looked down at the young boy.