C H A P T E R 1

Cheyenne
5'7
19 years young
_____________

Cheyenne p.o.v

I lived a pretty scary but normal life. I'm strong for my size. You may be like 'your not even that short' well compared to everyone else I am . It was scary cause the alpha king's pack is our neighbor. I've never seen him before. But today that all about to change...

I was awaken by blood hurdling screams. I shot up and looked outside. People were running. I looked in the distance and some big huge wolfs were coming. Walking steadily and slowly. I seen bodies laying on the ground , lifeless. I hurriedly got on some skinny jean and a vneck. I just threw up my long brown hair in a messy pony. I need to find my brother and bestfriend to get out of here. I slipped on my all black vans and practicly jumped down the stairs.

When I got outside I yelled for them.

"Mark ! Britney!" I yelled

"Run Cheyenne don't worry about them, the royals are killing everyone and everything." A lady that lived down the street said trying to pull me with her. I let go out of her grasp.

I heard my name being yelled.

"Cheyenne your brother!" Britney yelled. I looked over and see what I'm almost positive the king with my brothers neck in his hand . I ran over there.

"Please let him go!" I pleaded as I got to him. I grabbed the kings arm and there was shock. My wolf was going crazy.

"Cheyenne go now. Get Britney and run." Mark yelled at me. The king looked down at me and all the sudden everyone stopped. My wolf was howling and jumping up and down. Me on the other hand was scared .

"Mine." He yelled protectively. "Everyone stop!" he yelled. His pack stopped killing everyone.

I backed away. I was scared. I didn't know what to do . I knew everyone got the feeling since a he's king it's said when a king finds his mate every wolf in the world will get the feeling through them.

I don't want to be his mate! He kills people. Almost my brother today , shit just 3 mins ago actually.

"Lets go." He told his pack then started leaving! He's just going to attack for no reason , then practicly reject me. You know I don't even care he's ruthless and heartless. But he's also mine. It was like a part of me leaving myself . Britney grabbed me and we ran to the woods while everyone started cleaning up .

"You deserve better. He's just gunna leave you like that? And almost kill your brother and not say sorry?" She said. I just shrugged we got to the little and We sat in the grass.

"What if he comes back?"i asked.

"He won't attack that's for sure. Not with you in this pack or any of your family or friends. But he's not coming back to take you. Not without me." She said sternly. I just laughed a little.

A few hours later we returned. She went home and I did the same. I ran up the stairs but was stopped half way.

"Never do that again! You understand you could've almost died." My brother said worried.

"But did I? No ." I said.

"Only cause he's your mate." He said.

"Don't talk about it." I rolled my eyes. He chuckles. "What happens when he comes for you?"

"He left and he'll never come back and if he does I'm not going with him." I sternly said. Even though my wolf was all like 'oh hell yes you are' .

"Thanks though. you saved my life." he said.

"No the mate bond did." I said. He laughed and I kept running upstairs. I reached my room and took a shower.

The hot steamy water down my body felt great. But your probably wonder , where are you parents? Well you see , they passed away . They went to a very fancy party where they had gold and silver sprinkled in the Champaign. They only thought there was gold but there was both. They died in there sleep when they got home.

When I was done with my shower I tied my robe around me and put a towel in my hair . I walked out of my bathroom to see a figure in my room. It wasn't anyone I knew. I was about to yell for my brother when he said .

"Please don't. I mean no harm sweety. I'm the original king Matthew. Until I retired and gave it to my son." He said. I turned on my light to see him fully.

"H-hello" I stuttered not knowing to trust him or not.

"Look I'm sorry for scaring you. Your brother knows I'm here. I explained everything to him. I promise you can trust me. I'm nothing like my son. I always wonder if he isn't my kid sometimes. But then he again he looks exactly like me when I was that young." He laughed a little making me laugh too a little.

"Uh I'll wait outside your door while you get dressed then I'll explain." He said about to leave.

"No I'll go in the bathroom you can sit." I smiled and grabbed a pair of under garments , legging and a loose tank top . I came back out to him looking at a picture of my parents that was sitting on my desk.

"I knew you parents. They were very good people. I was at that party. I wish I would've known there was silver in there." He said.

"It's not your fault. But what do you need?" I asked him politely.

"My son will go crazy if your not there. I was hoping you'll come move in the pack house with him, beta and the gamma . Please. I need my son back. He used to be a happy kid. Till something happen and he shut everything out. He doesn't smile . Nothing. It's like his heart was pumping happily and now it's cold as stone." He said.

"He doesn't need me. He just walked away. He almost killed my brother. He doesn't need me." I exclaimed.

"Please dear he does. When you two aren't together he can feel every emotion of you he feels. When your worried he feels that. When your sad he feels that." Matthew explained. I shrugged.

"So if he cared then I would be with him right now but I'm not." I said trying to be nice but I was angry.

"Beta Andrew matted with your best friend. She'll be with you." He pleaded.

"Your lucky your a good man and my bestfriend will be there. I'll try. But I don't wanna be there myself. So I'm only going cause I don't wanna keep Britney from her mate." I huffed. He smiled widely.

"I'm only staying there for a month at the most." I said. "With or without Britney I'm leaving." I said. His smile faded a little.

"Hopefully that'll be enough time to change your mind or I can when that time comes." He said. I just smiled and rolled my eyes.

"I'll need to call Britney and tell mark." I said.

"They're down stairs actually. She already packed." He said. I was just shocked and shook my head. He headed down stairs. I began to pack. I was just very nervous. I felt like someone was starring at me. I looked out my window and it's like I was starring deep into someone's soul. But my wolf was happy and going crazy that we are going to love with our mate still to realize someone was outside my house in the woods. I was scared almost. I shut my curtains and continued to pack everything up. .