~ Chapter 2 ~

~Vaenyra's POV~

~Vaenyra's POV~

It's been a couple of days since we left Dragonstone, we finally arrived at the ruins of Old Valyria.

I could barely just see the large dragon statues along with old ruin towers and buildings from within the deep fog.

I often wonder what life would be like for us if Valyria didn't fall into doom, Would House Targaryen become royal? And rule over the Seven Kingdoms? Or would we just stay a Noble House of Valyria?

Cymopoleia seems to be drawn to something, but we have decided to stop and rest in somewhere safe in the ruins.

She landed next to an old tower, half of it has collapse and the rest was suck in time, the flames of the doom melted the stone into place.

Taerion dismounted first, offering his hand to help me down.

I walk around and trailed my hand across Cymopoleia's neck scales as I walked to her head.

Taerion walked off to check the surrounding area for dangers, though I doubt there would be any since Cymopoleia would have scared them off with her arrival.

"Little Flame rest easy tonight, we have a long journey tomorrow" Cymopoleia said to me through our minds.

"You must also rest, after all you will be doing all the flying. I and Taerion will just be bored on your back watching" I replied with some light humor.

"Indeed, but tomorrow will be...different" Cymopoleia stated before pulling away.

'Different'? What did she mean by that? I thought before being interrupted by Taerion calling out to me.

"Princess, I found a spot to take cover in for the night, come help me set up camp" he said politely.

I sigh and nodded walking over to him.

Time passed it was now night time, we have set up a campfire and cooking pot, we merely made a beef soup. It was warm and refreshing to our tired bodies.

I sat in my bedroll, with my journal open, I was drawing some of the ruins I saw today inside, locking the away the memory.

Cymopoleia was outside wrapping her body around the tower we camped in, insuring our safety tonight as well as keeping the cold breeze off us.

"Come on Princess, try and get some sleep" Taerion reminded me from his bedroll as he settle down in it.

"Yes...yes I suppose you are right, goodnight Taerion" I replied putting away the book, before burying myself in the bedroll and blankets. I rolled onto my side and watch the flames of the fire.

Slowly my eyes began to close, the sleepiness starting to catch me. I could've sworn I saw two glowing silver figures watching me from the other side of the tower, they look like Targaryens? I saw them smile at me before disappearing as I welcome the land of dreams.