~ Chapter 1 ~

It's been two years since Princess Rhaenyra of House Targaryen has married Ser Laenor of House Velaryon, it was their duty to marry and intertwine the two Valyrian Houses once more

They are now welcoming their first child into the world, the kingdom has entered the first day of Spring and to everyone's horror and fear a large thunder & lighting storm has stuck them out of nowhere.

Night has fallen and screams could be heard from the bed chambers of Princess Rhaenyra.

Midwives surrounded the screaming Princess who was on the bed giving birth.

A head healer, a loyal lady from a noble house sits between Rhaenyra's legs.

"The child is crowning my lady, you have to push!" The Healer states as she positions her hands to catch the child.

"Aaaaaahhhhh!" Rhaenyra screamed out in pain, the birthing was very draining on her as she pushed and pushed screaming the whole way.

"Almost there my lady! One more push!" The Healer states holding the top half of the newborn child.

Rhaenyra growled and gave one more push with a loud scream.

Then the room was quiet, only the sound of the storm outside was heard.

Rhaenyra covered in sweat and blood, breathing heavily looks to the healer in concern as dread begins to fill her soul, where were the babe's cries?

"My babe.....Why isn't my baby crying!?" Rhaenyra screams out to the healer who wraps a bundle in a white blanket.

The midwives remained quiet with their heads bowed, as the healer brought the quiet bundle up to Rhaenyra.

"It's a girl my Lady" the healer says as she gently passes the child into Rhaenyra's arms.

Rhaenyra looks confused as her amethyst eyes make contact with a matching smaller set, who looks up to her with a toothless smile.

"Why...Why isn't she crying?! Is she going to live?!" Rhaenyra demands the healer as she gently touches her newborn daughter's face.