Enough To Argue

"I'm done. I can't have one calm second. Get a different one of your minions to do your dirty work." I said out of pure frustration. I slammed the door on his face and took a deep breathe. It felt good to let some of my anger go. I walked back over to Hobie and sat back down. "That was quite a bold move." He said happily. "He deserved it." My phone buzzed and I looked at the text. It was from Gwen.

June 5th, 2025
Girl what did you do??
Miguel just walked in PISSED
I told him to back off me and Hobie for a while
You know what? Good for you!
Thanks

I felt Hobie's face in my shoulder, looking over at the texts. "See? Nice move." He mumbled with a smile. I put my phone away so I could spend some time with Hobie. After a while, we fell asleep cuddling. We both had a very long 3 days so we deserved it.

The next morning we woke up and got ready. We walked together to go hang out more with Gwen and Pavitr. Soon enough, Miguel came up to us. "Did you get another one of your minions to do your dirty work?" I asked sarcastically. Miguel sighed and said, "yes actually. But if you step out of line one more time..you both will be sent back to your world." We were fine with that actually. "Cool." Hobie said, clearly tired of Miguel's shit like everyone else. Miguel was frustrated so he just walked away. We talked with Gwen and Pavitr and it was the most fun I've ever had. I finally had friends, and a crush.

I finally had people to be close to. People I could trust. While we talked I pulled out a notebook and drew all of them. I wanted to show it to them, but I decided it would be just a me-thing. I smiled uncontrollably the whole time. When we went back to our rooms because we were bored, I convinced Gwen and Pavitr to stay the night in our room. It was like a mini-sleepover! We watched movies, ate popcorn, and played games. "OOH OOH! LETS PLAY SEVEN MINUTES IN HEAVEN!" Gwen said excitedly, with a devilish smile. Hobie sighed but agreed. We spun a bottle to decide who went in.

First it was me and Gwen. The whole time we were in there we talked about our interests and stuff. When we came out, Pavitr and Hobie were a bit bummed when we told them what we did. We spun the bottle again. My heart was racing. My mind saying over and over, don't pick me don't pick me. It landed slowly on me and Hobie. We sighed and went into the closet. "We can just talk if you want." Hobie said kindly. This was my time to get my feelings out. I quickly went up and kissed him. He was surprised for a few seconds, but then he kissed back. When our lips broke apart we both smiled uncontrollably.

This was my moment.