Age of Paranoia

"What?" I asked as I stopped to look back at him. "It hurts.." He answered.
"I know..I..I'll make it better just..stay here." I said putting my hand slightly on my forehead before walking to my bathroom to get supplies.
I came back from the bathroom with a bunch of medical supplies. I signaled him to pull up his shirt. He did as I said, but it was still a little awkward. I heard him wince as I disinfected his large wound. He always loved my singing, it calmed him down, so I sang for him as I did it. I chose Paper Rings by Taylor Swift. The singing definitely helped because I felt his heart rate slow down.

I put some wrapping around it slowly with multiple layers. I pulled his shirt back down and helped him get down from the counter. He still had quite the limp, so I helped him to the couch. I moved some of his hair out of his face and sat down next him. "How does it feel?" I asked. "Fine." He answered. There was a knock on the door. "I'll get it." I walked over to the door and cracked it open just enough for me to see but not Hobie. "Is he alright?" Miguel asked, trying to peer behind me but failing. "For now." I answered. "What do you need this time?"

"We need you both down at the tech room." Miguel was once again demanding me to J's something. I looked back at Hobie, then back at Miguel. "Fine, give us a second." He nodded and left as I shut the door. I went to the medical supplies closet and pulled out a wheelchair. I wheeled it out and set it in front of Hobie. "I don't need that!" He said defensively. "Hobie, you can barely walk." He finally gave in and sat in it. I wheeled him to the tech room and sat him down in a different chair. When I took care of him his eyes always lit up with a happy/admiring look. It always made me smile.

We were working on tech and I could tell Hobie was very interested and invested in it. He looked so wholesome when he worked on tech. We spent so much time there that he didn't need the wheelchair on the way back, I did have to help him a little though. When we got back to the room, Gwen and Pavitr were already there. "What's wrong?" I asked, noticing their concerned expressions. "Nothing, just checking on him." Pavitr answered, pointing at Hobie. I nodded and helped Hobie sit down on the couch. I left so they could talk. I cleaned up where I had helped Hobie because it was a large mess. I spied back out there when I was done. They all turned to look at me. "What?"

"Hobie, care to explain?"