CHAPTER 6: GIRL TALK

Start from the beginning

I said, "no I have never seen Tom before. I don't do hookups either. I don't date, never going to ever again I've only been with one man." 

I said, "look I tried to apologize to him today, and he accepted it, but I don't blame him for hating me.  I had no right to hit him."

She said, "I don't think he hates you."  I said, "Trust me Judy.  He does."

His words from last night and today flash through my head. Like a recording. I wish I could turn it off. Not hear them. You're ugly. Your face is ugly. Your body is ugly. You look like a middle schooler.

She said, "do you want to tell me what Tom did to"  My mind flashed back to him touching me, invading my space, ever since my old unit, those disgusting guys, sneaking up on me, trying to corner me I just hate people touching me.

I said, "he did nothing. Look I'm not going to make excuses ok. I had a bad day. Actually the last year has been bad for me. With work, then with my ex. Losing my friends. Losing my job. I have been debating about whether I should accept Adam's offer, or just give up. And ever since my ex I pretty much haven't left my house, except to go over to my dad's or my brother's. My brother has been trying to get me to go out with him or him and his girlfriend. Like constant nagging me. I ended up finally giving in and agreeing to go out, he said it would do me good to relax unwind, have some good food, and drinks, and he would give me all the reasons why I should take this job.

He told me about this new bar he's been going to. How they have Monterrey night every Thursday, and it's the best food. I gave in, and then of course his drama queen girlfriend and her mother had a crisis, which she is a nice girl, and we get along ok, but it's like if she breaks a nail it's a disaster."  Judy laughed.  She said, "I know the type. Trust me."

I said, "so I get there and am nervous to be out in public, and at a bar no less, and then Jay says that he can't make it, and I should have just went home. That was my first thought, just go home, but then I could smell the food, and I love Mexican, so I thought no problem, I will go in and sit at the bar, order to go, then be home. I go order a pop and the bar is packed.  Like the place is packed. One bartender and he was trying hard, but was so backed up because of all the people"

Judy said, "you are describing my worst nightmare, Having to sit alone at a bar with disgusting creeps and perverts."  I said, "mine too, and that's what happened.  It's like, I just wanted to sit there, not be bothered, not be hit on, but unfortunately one pervert after the other kept sitting next to me, and I felt like I needed to go take a bath in bleach. Like it didn't start off that bad, the first guy was boring and didn't take the hint that I wasn't interested, but then moved on, but then each guy was worse.  Some of the things that they were suggesting they wanted to do to me, made me almost puke Judy."

She said, "I'm sorry."  I said, "and to each their own. I can't fault the girls who like to go hook up go home with a guy they just met, but it's just disgusting and gross to me. And I mean the things I was hearing from these girls and these guys.  Like 3somes, it just was disgusting to me. "

Judy said, "that is gross. I think I would have puked"  I said, "I felt like it.  And with each guy that hit on me, and then since I was waiting the bartender gave me free drinks because it was taking so long, so I had two strawberry margaritas, and I hadn't eaten really all day, except the chips and queso, and I don't know. From the drinks in me, I know it's not an excuse, but I was just tired, I wanted to go home, I wanted to not have to hear all the hookups going on, and see the couples practically doing it at the bar. I was losing my patience, and my temper, and unfortunately Tom sat down next to me, right after one of the guys had touched me, and I took it all out on him.  All of it."

JUMP STREET'S JUNE BRIDE???On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara