Chapter 10

I woke up in Mason's arms and turned to look at him. He was still peacefully asleep. It was 10 am, and I wanted to spoil him before his game today. I decided to go downstairs and cook him some breakfast since he had prepared our dinner the previous night. Before heading down, I quickly went to the bathroom to pee and brush my teeth. Since I didn't have my skincare and regular bathroom items at Mason's place, I had to go with whatever there was available.

I then went downstairs and entered the kitchen area, where I made myself an espresso to kickstart the morning. I took out two pans to prepare scrambled eggs in one and cook bacon in the other. While the eggs and bacon were cooking, I decided to cut up some vegetables and fruits. I chose bananas, melon, avocado, tomatoes, and strawberries. I placed all the fruits and veggies on a platter and set it on the dining table. I also arranged the table with glasses, silverware, and plates for both of us. Once the eggs and bacon were cooked, I transferred them to a plate as well and put it on the table.

When everything was ready, I just needed Mason, so I went back upstairs and entered the beedroom. Mason was still fully asleep, so I approached the bed and took a seat beside him. Gently, I planted a tender kiss on his forehead and softly called his name, starting to stroke his hair. His eyelids fluttered open, revealing a tired but warm smile.

"Hi beautiful" he said in a tired voice.

"Hey Mase, I have prepared breakfast for us" I said smiling.

"You're the best" he said hugging me.

"Come Mase, before it gets cold." I said giggling and pulling his arm for him to sit up.

"Will you get me my Chelsea shorts over on the chair" he asked.

"Yes, here you go" I said throwing them at him. He stood up and put on his shorts. We walked out to the staircase, with him dressed only in the shorts. While walking down, he casually swung his arm around my shoulder and used his other hand to gently turn my face towards his for a kiss. We shared a sweet moment before continuing our descent down the stairs.

As we got down, he saw the table I had arranged for us.

"This is so sweet" he said squishing me.

"Hope you're hungry" I said laughing.

"Don't worry I'll make sure nothing is left." He said giggling. We took our seats and started eating.

"Mase I was wondering if you are able to take me to my place afterward?" I asked.

"Yes, I just have to be at The Bridge at 12 pm, what do you need?" he spoke.

"I have no clothes, make-up, and other products here, so I have to go grab some before the game" I explained to him.

"Okay, we'll fix that, we can go when we're done eating." He told me. As we finished our meal, Mase insisted on cleaning the kitchen since I had prepared breakfast. However, I didn't agree with that and made a deal with him. I proposed that I would gather all the plates and various items from the dining table and bring them to the kitchen, while he could handle loading the dishwasher.

And with that, we finished the kitchen cleaning, and rushed out to the car right after, knowing that Mason needed to be at The Bridge by 12 pm.  As we walked out the door, hand in hand, Mase locked it, and we led our way down the driveway to the car.

"Mase, can I please drive the car? please, please, please" I asked nearly begging him.

"No palms, I'm the man I drive" he said, I think afraid if I would crash his expensive car.

"Come on Mase please!" I begged. And without waiting for a response, I saw the keys come flying through the air and land right in my hands. Overwhelmed with excitement, I immediately ran over to him and enveloped him in a tight hug, expressing my gratitude. I sat in the driver's seat and was immediately amazed by the cool and high-tech car, with all sorts of different buttons and features. As to someone who is used to drive a regular Fiat 500. I couldn't help but feel impressed by this vehicle. Grateful for the opportunity to drive, I handed Mase the AUX cable as a fair exchange. Navigating the streets, we eventually arrived at my place and parked on the street. It felt strange to be back, considering I had only been away for a few days, but a sense of familiarity washed over me. We walked into the apartment building and reached my door. I found my keys in my bag and opened the door. To Mase's surprise, the apartment was quite small.

"What you live in a studio, you never told me that?" he said surprised.

"Yes Hehe, just about the same size as your bathroom" I said laughing.

"I like it, it's nice" he said.

"I mean not everybody can afford big white mansions" I said with sarcasm.

"Don't be silly but lets gather your stuff because I need to be back soon" he said hugging me.

"Yes, if you just hold this bag open, I'll pour things in it" I spoke. I went to my bathroom and gathered all my daily skincare and grooming products, placing them in my toiletry bag. I handed the bag to Mase, who was holding it for me. After that, I picked out an outfit for todays game and packed some extra clothes, just in case. With everything ready, I was pretty much set. We exited the studio, and I securely locked the apartment before joining Mase in the car. He took the wheel again, and I settled into the passenger seat. Our homes were approximately 20 minutes apart, and we drove through the bustling streets of London to reach Mason's place. Upon our arrival, he went inside to pack his compact toiletry bag for the game and changed into his Chelsea kit, which is required for all the players to wear before their matches. As he prepared himself, Mase kindly found a Chelsea shirt for me to wear later and left it on the kitchen counter. Although I already had one from the previous game, he insisted on gifting me another. The time came for Mason to depart, and he handed me a key to lock up the house and Lewis' contact information in case I needed it for later when Lewis would come to pick me up. We walked to the door together, and as he turned to face me, we hugged tightly. Our lips met in a tender kiss, and I kissed him back before we reluctantly pulled away from each other.

"Hey see you at the game, text me when you get there and I'll come and meet you" he said smiling.

"I'll see ya" I said as I closed the door.