Limbo

We make it back with plenty of time to spare and split ways after we step off the elevator. Logan was going to get ready for the pool and I want to check in with Ana just in case Ainslee happened to run into her. 

I peel my wet, sweaty clothes off and change into a red one-piece with jean shorts and a vibrant, tropical kimono to match. I slip into my pool slides before dashing off to find Ana in her office. She confirms that the flowers are arriving tomorrow and I give her the box of rose gold candles Ainslee wants scattered down the long dinner table. 

I receive a text right as I'm leaving the staff area that the girls have made it back to the pool and were ready to continue partying. I double-check that I was not supposed to be in anything matching and then march off to meet them at the pool. As I wander that way, I wonder how Logan is going to be around me since the group has no idea we spent half the day together and his lips found mine twice. He could totally play this cool and hang as part of the group or he could reach for my hand again and let the group know we have something going on. I run my hands down the side of my face, anxious as I debate which Logan I want to find. Possessive and flirty or the chill friend. Do I make a move? Do I wait for him to? 

Crushes are confusing. I feel like I am back in high school. 

When I round the corner of the double doors I see the girls all sprawled out on a massive chaise under a cabana while the boys wait in line at the bar in the pool. All of them are in their barely there swim attire with oversized sunglasses and sunhats. I drop onto the corner of the plush white mattress and ask, "So, how did it go?" They all start cooing about their adventure at once and Kaitlyn pulls out her phone to show me where they had lunch. It was a beautiful spot, but I wouldn't trade it for our caves. 

"What was the emergency?" Ainslee asks as she adjusts her tiny white strapless bikini top. She may have Chase, long legs, and perfect hair, but I have the bigger boobs. 

"We have to swap out some flowers. I don't even think you'll notice," I tell her calmly and she nods. 

"As long as they are colorful and look stunning in the photos, I really don't care what specific flower is used," she agrees and I am grateful that she hasn't been a bridezilla about those kinds of details. 

"Wanna drink?" Tory asks me and I eagerly nod. She barks at Alex who aggravatingly turns toward her. 

"Get Stella a-" She looks at me and I quickly answer, "Margarita." She yells my order at him and he gives her a thumbs up. 

"Tory has decided she's going to smash Alex," Maddie tells me and the look on my face has the group bursting into giggles. Tory adjusts her wide sunhat as she says, "It will be a hate fuck." 

"Jesse or Logan are both better options for a good smashing," Kaityn says as she flops onto her side and her boob nearly falls out of her bikini. 

"No, Alex needs a woman to go in and dominate him. Take him down a few pegs," Tory replies as she stares off to where Alex is standing in the water with Chase. 

"He was aggravating today, he took all of the cheese off the cheese board they prepared for us and then wouldn't help Lauren get back onto her horse." 

"He also polished off the wine without even asking if anyone else wanted some," Ainslee whines. 

"He does give off douche vibes," I agree and we all turn to look at him again and watch as he checks himself out in the mirror behind the bar. I glance back to the group, wondering what other gossip I have missed out on, and ask, "What about you other girls? Any other smashing hoping to happen here?"

"I wish Callum was single," Maddie whines but Ainslee slaps at her hat. 

"You cannot fuck Chase's brother. Single or not. Sorry," Ainslee jokingly snaps but Maddie just gives her a devilish laugh in response.