Newlyweds

I am three sheets to the wind when we make it to baggage claim with the other hordes of people vacationing in Cabo. I should have stopped drinking after my fourth vodka soda, but Logan ordered a fifth when we were an hour out from landing and I was managing to stay calm the entire flight, so I nodded when the flight attendant asked if I'd like the same. 

Logan manages to snatch my bag off the belt and he tugs mine along with his as we make it to passenger pickup. He goes to stand in the taxi line but I shake my head and tell him I ordered a car to take us to the resort. 

"I didn't trust traveling alone in a taxi in Mexico," I slur as I look for my driver. I check my texts again and know I am in the right spot. The bridesmaid chat is fairly silent so the rest of the group must be on the plane now. 

"Your last name is Harlow right?" Logan asks me as he looks around and I nod. He then points off to a Denali with a driver holding my last name on a sign in front of it. I follow behind him as he leads the way to the car and I am grateful the air conditioning is on full blast as we slide in. 

Cabo is humid as hell and feels like it's at least ninety degrees out. I am already sweating and regret wearing high-waisted jean shorts that are sticking to my legs and waist. 

"The Grand, right?" The driver asks us after our bags are stowed and Logan answers him in Spanish and then has an entire conversation I don't understand. I glance at Logan when the driver suddenly says to me, "Congratulations!" Logan grins before saying, "I just told him we are newlyweds on our honeymoon." 

"Lovely," I reply with an eye roll but Logan rubs a hand down my arm and then tucks my long hair behind my ear like we are just so smitten.

Logan flicks his gaze back to the driver as he says, "No es mi esposa tan hermosa? Tan Bonita." He slides a finger down the side of my face and I know the word bonita. I frown at him and he tilts his head back and laughs, enjoying his own game. 

"How do I say, I am going to kill you in Español?" I joke and he leans over and says, "Do you mean, te amo?" I swat his hand off me and I can't believe I am drunk in a car flirting with Logan. Since he sat down next to me at the airport, nothing has gone as planned. 

Both Logan and I stare at the window as we approach the resort and it's even prettier than the pictures. It looks like it was built into the cliffside with palm trees shooting out of the rocks surrounding it. I can't see the ocean from where check-in is, but I know I am supposed to have a room with a view. 

"Do you have your own room?" I ask him as we drive along the stone path with gorgeous greenery splitting up the middle. 

"Why? Wanna know if I am going to be alone?" He smirks and I pull his baseball hat over his eyes. 

"No, I didn't know if you had to deal with the other drunken idiots or if you had some peace and quiet." We are about to pull up to the main doors when he says, "I have my own room. I can afford not to deal with drunken idiots. What about you?" 

"Same. Some of the girls are sharing a room but I knew I would want my own space," I tell him, and he smirks at me again. 

"Oh, so you'll be alone then too." I shake my head and tug his hat down again as he lets out a drunken laugh. 

The driver pulls to a stop and I am not ready to drop into the thick, humid air. My hair is already frizzy and feels thicker than normal as I tie it up in a ponytail. Logan deals with our bags and swats my hand away when I offer up the tip. He drops cash in the driver's hand and I refrain from bursting into laughter when the driver says, "Gracias Señor Harlow." Logan meets my eyes and he can tell my lips are wobbling from refrained laughter. He strides off toward the doors with our bags in his hands but I know I will be joking about that later.