Queso

After I trudge off the beach, I make my way to the concierge to set up a quick meet and greet with Ana, the hotel's event coordinator. She assures me everything will run smoothly as they have weddings multiple times a week year-round. The Camden wedding doesn't have any insane requests and only has fifty guests to accommodate. Set up should be fairly easy and we quickly go through the photographer's shot list and seating chart. She even promises to have everything set up early so I have plenty of time to do my hair and make-up with the rest of the bridesmaids. They will lead the ceremony and then I will help run the reception. Overall, this wedding is pretty easy, it's watching the groom get married that's hard. I have to force myself to imagine them as some random couple who hired me when I go through the checklist with Ana because I want to cry a little every time I see Chase Camden written under "Groom."

Once the initial wedding stuff is in order, I make my way back up to my room to change for dinner. After seeing how cute all the girls have presented themselves already, I could put more oomph into my appearance tonight. These girls are hip, with festive clothing and flawless makeup. I should put some effort into classing it up a bit. That and Chase rarely sees me dolled up since I usually keep the makeup minimal and the boobies covered at events. He is very aware of my business casual attire and is probably going to be shocked to learn I actually own a pair of stilettos.

I slip into a blue silky maxi dress that hugs my boobs nicely and manage to do more to my face than swipe on concealer and mascara. I don't have eyelash extensions like the other girls so it takes a few coats of lash-extending mascara to make mine look full. I swipe on some bronzer, dab on some sparkly shadow, and coat my lips in a raspberry gloss. When I pull away from the mirror I actually look like I could be friends with the rest of the girls I'll be surrounded with. I gather my long hair to the side and braid it into a thick braid that sits off my shoulder. I give myself a once-over and am feeling pretty confident as I make my way down to the restaurant that sits to the left of the lobby.

I have no idea what to expect when I meet up with the rest of the group as I left them a few hours ago. Maddie could have hooked her claws further into Logan and I could be the odd man out again. They may have stayed at the beach or they could have made it back to the pool bar and drank all afternoon. They could be dressy dinner guests or drunken, half-naked shit shows.

The host informs me that some of the Camden party is already seated and when I round the corner, I see Lauren, Alex, Jesse, Callum, and Logan looking sunburned and exhausted around the table. Lauren has a water bottle in her hand and so does Logan and Jesse. Callum and Alex have cocktails and I don't know how they keep going.

Lauren spots me behind the waitress and gives me a warm, friendly smile and Logan scoots the chair out next to him when he sees me.

"Have a seat," Logan offers and I don't miss the quick run down his eyes do as I approach him. I don't get that often, so my confidence soars. I'm also happy to see he wants me to sit next to him and didn't leave the chair open for another bridesmaid. I can tell he's freshly showered because his hair is still wet. He's wearing another linen button down and the cream collar pops against his tanned skin.

"You got some sun today," I tell him as I slip into the seat. "How much trouble did you get into after I left?" I look around the table and Lauren already looks exhausted even though she's dressed up to go to the dance club after this. Her red hair is also back in a braid and I think it's going to be the look this week.

"We stayed down at the beach. I'm pretty sure Chase is already sunburnt so there is going to be some editing needed on their wedding photos," Lauren answers as Alex and Callum are still engrossed in their drunken conversation.

"Where did you run off to?" Logan asks and when our eyes meet I swear I feel some unexpected electricity between us. His green eyes are bright and his tan is making them brighter. I can't help but roll my lips to keep from grinning at him like an idiot.