Bridal Party

Logan and I continue our drinking and flirtatious banter down at the pool bar until the rest of the party appears through the double doors, also already buzzed and ready to continue partying as well. Logan has had one hand on me in some way since we got down here and I wonder if anyone is going to notice our spark. 

I spot Chase first and I am so glad my eyes are covered up by my wide black sunglasses so no one can see me openly oogle his shirtless body. This is the first time I have seen Chase in swim trunks and it lives up to all of my fantasies. Chase is broad, hairless and defined in all the right places. My eyes travel down his torso to the V that sits right above his waistline and then take a large gulp of my piña colada. He throws his hands up as he spots us and I watch the bridal party trail behind him. 

Right behind Chase is Ainslee, dressed in a white lace robe and a white one-piece with Bride written in gold across the chest. Her long dirty blonde hair is down and wavy and is somehow not a frizzy mess like mine is. Chase's brother Callum, who is almost his twin in appearance but stands several inches shorter has his arm linked with Tory's. She's also in a lace robe but she's wearing a strappy bikini that leaves little to the imagination. Her dark hair is tucked under a sunhat and her bright white smile and bark of a laugh can be seen across the pool area. Lauren, Maddie and Kaitlyn are all huddled together flicking their heads back and forth to take in the gorgeous pool area and I watch Maddie, also dressed in a tiny bikini point out one of the cabanas and they all squeal in excitement. That leaves Mike, Jesse and Alex lingering behind but they are definitely scoping out the half-naked women trotting in front of them. 

"Here we go," I mumble to Logan as we swivel in our chairs to face the newcomers. I'm going to do my best to fit in here even though I feel so out of place. They quickly swarm and suddenly I have arms thrown around me and hands thrust out to shake. The girls are all giggly and I hear Maddie tell the group that she is the facilitator of fun. She's wearing large gold aviators that take up her entire pretty face and I can see that mine is flushed in the mirrored lenses as she giggles. 

"So happy you made it alright!" Ainslee gushes as she pulls me in for a hug. "Is your room okay?" 

I nod, "It's stunning. I love that the whole back wall is a sliding door. I have an amazing view." 

"You doin' alright?" Chase asks as he swings an arm around me and I feel my shoulder touching his bare chest. "Thanks for babysitting Logan." 

"It was fun actually," I confess. "He ended up having to babysit me a bit." I look past Chase and see Kaitlyn and Maddie flirtatiously pawing at Logan and I feel a weird squeeze in my stomach. Of course, all of these single people are going to flirt with each other. This is Bachelor in Paradise for them. I think Callum has a girlfriend but I know for a fact all the girls are single because they joked about hookups in the group chat.

"I'm glad you're here. We need a responsible adult with us this weekend," Chase jokes and then he spins around to order tequila shots at the bar. I know I need to be social and a part of the group the best that I can be, so I take a step forward and insert myself in the small circle that Logan is a part of. 

"How are your rooms?" I ask Kaityln and Maddie and they both start gushing over each other about how gorgeous this whole resort is and how they can't wait to get under a cabana and start getting shit-faced. 

"I need nachos," Kaitlyn says and it's the first thing I've agreed with her on. I glance around and see Lauren huddled in a conversation with Callum and Alex and it seems like everyone is vibing. I think most of the group has met before at events Chase or Ainslee has hosted and the guys have known each other for years. The girls work together and have traveled together before which leaves me the odd man out. I know Chase the best, but it's not appropriate for me to glue myself to him.