08

all of the music club members are present. of course, the joshua succeeded in bringing jeonghan and seungcheol.

as the club's president, jihoon is satisfied upon seeing his two friends that rarely show up whenever there's a meeting. he would've kicked them out this time if they didn't show up. joshua hyung is always our secret card.

"okay everybody. final exams are two weeks from now." immediately, all members start groaning. no one is happy at the mention of exams. "this is our last meeting until we come back from break. today, we will be discussing about the audition. before we begin though, there are a few of you that still haven't sent me your new class schedules."

jihoon's eyes pierce at the people he is hinting at. three specific people avoid the scary president's eyes. "lee doyeon, kim minjae? and boo seungkwan, you."

seungkwan hides himself behind jeonghan. the pretty male chuckles and lightly flicks the boy's forehead. he peeks out with a pout and his eyes blinking twice. jihoon rolls his eyes, knowing the younger is trying to get away by acting cute.

the two other members that was called out hit seungkwan. their eyes scream 'how dare you try to get away from this alone'.

"you three better send me your schedules by the end of the day or else," the short but scary male threatens. the three immediately nod their heads. jihoon sighs, "now, because i haven't received all of the schedules so this is not a set date yet, but i'm thinking of holding the audition on the first week of the new semester. most likely on thursday. what do you guys think?"

"i think that's fine by me," aeri agrees.

"me too!" another girl says.

wonwoo raises his hand with a little frown. "can we do it on the second week? i want to spend the first week adjusting to my new classes first."

a few members agree to wonwoo's suggestion while some doesn't mind when. jihoon turns to the vice-president for his input.

"vice-president?" joshua scans the room before speaking up. "i think it's best to hold the audition on the second week. that way, everybody would be less stressed out and hopefully mentally prepared."

"okay, i think that's fine," jihoon nods. "next, i plan on accepting about four to six people. aeri noona and taejin hyung, you guys are graduating in a few months. haeun, min, and hajoon are quitting after final exams. i think accepting two or three more people would be nice."

everybody feels down at the mentioned of the leaving members. nonetheless, they give the president a nod as a confirmation.

"alright then. that's it for today."

with the president's final words, they all start leaving one by one. jihoon stays to plan some stuff.

in the hallway, the three best friends and their youngest friend are on their way out the building. jeonghan and joshua in front while seungcheol and chan are laughing hysterically about something at the back.

chan is in the dance club with soonyoung, vernon, minghao, and jun. don't ask why he's with the three. he just appeared out of nowhere the moment they exited the club room.

joshua doesn't say anything. he just looks ahead and try not to mind the other's stare drilling holes in his head. please don't ask, please don't ask, please—

"hey, joshuji?" jeonghan swings an arm around the other's shoulder. this means there's no gap between them. joshua tenses. "i called you a few times yesterday. why didn't you pick up?"

"h-huh? oh." the male internally screams. shut the fuck up. why did you stutter? "i was busy yesterday. then, i went to sleep."

"but you always pick up my calls. even when you're sleeping. i called you a few times in the afternoon and at night."

"i didn't check my phone at all yesterday. i guess i was dead asleep. i even woke up late this morning and only saw your calls then, but i was running late so i didn't call you back, sorry..." joshua indeed woke up late this morning. except, it was because he couldn't fall asleep until 4 am.

joshua glances at the older. his face is unreadable. joshua innocently blinks, "are you mad..? i'm sor—"

"no," jeonghan cuts him off. "no, i'm not mad. but i was really worried so always pick up my calls, okay? from now on, remember to always pick up. or at least send me a message, hm?"

his hand squeezes joshua's shoulder. not hard enough to hurt him, but tightly. joshua can only confusedly nods.

jeonghan suddenly becomes cheerful again. honestly, the guy is so bipolar. joshua doesn't bother to question his mood swings anymore.

"that's my good boy." joshua wants to blush at the statement. why does he always say that? "ugh, stop that! you're treating me like a kid."

jeonghan giggles happily, throwing his head back before burying it in the crook of the younger's neck.

they reaches outside. "i'll see you tomorrow, best friend. cheol and i will pick you up at 11. don't forget."

best friend... joshua wants to laugh bitterly but he can't. instead, he flashes his signature grin. "yeah okay."

just when he is about to dwell over their relationship again, jeonghan takes him by surprise.

yoon jeonghan plants a kiss on his soft cheek. joshua's eyes widen.

yoon freaking jeonghan just beams as he stares into those bambi eyes. he even has the audacity to giggle at joshua's reaction. "why? it's not my first time kissing you."

"what—"

"now it's your turn. come on, i'm waiting." he taps his cheek and leans closer, anticipating for one in return.

joshua sighs, trying his best to keep calm despite the turmoil in his stomach. he hesitantly leans forward.

jeonghan's happiness is joshua hong. the guy is always flustered no matter how many times they've kissed each other on the cheeks. they do it to seungcheol and the others as well, but joshua's reaction towards jeonghan is forever priceless.

jeonghan just loves it so much.

if jeonghan's happiness is giving and receiving affections from joshua, guess what seungcheol's happiness is?

to destroy jeonghan's happiness.

so, when he sees joshua hesitantly leaning forward to plant the kiss, the lightbulb lights up above his head. seungcheol grins evilly. chan eyes him weirdly but doesn't comment.

wasting no time, seungcheol takes quick steps forward, grabs joshua's face with both hands and makes the boy's puckered lips touch his own cheek instead. "aw, thank you shua! let me give you one too!"

jeonghan and joshua widen their eyes and stare at him in disbelief. then, seungcheol kisses joshua's cheek before fleeing for his life.

"hey, you fucking asshole!" jeonghan chases the guy at full speed. he reaches the screaming seungcheol and headlocks him.

"hyung, are you okay?" chan laughs at joshua malfunctioning.

joshua is still trying to register what the hell just happened. he looks at the two figures that are now far away.

joshua is so fucking thankful for whatever stunt choi seungcheol just pulled. he puts his hand on his heart that is beating at an abnormal pace.

god, choi seungcheol. you're a life savior.