꒰ chap 25 ꒱

Who Will You Pick?

૮ • ﻌ - ა⁩

It wasn't just Rin who possesses extradinary weapons. I can finally see the skills of the top 3. These three are also strangers. They just teamed up to make a number of 3 and used their own indivisual skill to play, yet they managed to score a point each. Not even the best trio, Isagi, Bachira, Nagi, who understand each other so much can beat them in this battlefield. The gap isn't right, a two point gap is huge in players eyes. So, the best trio really is going to lose to the top 3 hm? 

I almost forgot Isagi fell on the ground since i was too stunned to move. I quickly hurried over to Isagi to check up on him if he was ok, and it seems as it was a light fall, no serious injuries or so. With a sigh of relieve, i walked back to my usual position, the side line.

After some time, Team White finally stood up. It seems as if they had a strategy meeting before. Well, that meeting better have been useful. They get to start off with the ball so they got an advantage, if it were Rin who started.. They're doomed. I wonder, i wonder what they'll do now? Did they finally found a way to stop the top 3? Or is it just some rubbish talk they had? This match is exciting, the most exciting match yet! 

The match still started the same like the usual matches, but i know Team White had a plan. We just need to pray their plan is beneficial. 

I specticated the game closely.. What are they up to? As i looked closer, each person had a player on them, almost like a one vs one. But.. A triangle? They're around 15 metres away from each other, what are they planning to do with a triangle? 
I see, they're stringing passes to each other. This way, they can take up the midfield. What a great plan! Isagi suddenly broke the triangle by running towards the goal, he decided it's time to make a move. 
A disappointed smile sppeared on my face as i watched Isagi run in pity. "It was a smart idea indeed.." I muttered, "but Rin can see pass that easily." As i said that, Rin appeared in fornt of Isagi, blocking his shooting path. With Rin defending Isagi, Bachira's only choice is to pass to Nagi. A fast ground pass to Nagi, Nagi's amazing reflexes, Nagi's genius brain, they earnt another point. 

I see it, a new chemical reaction, a new formula that just got created between Bachira and Nagi. Bachira and Nagi's personal chemical bonding. This is what happens when talents meet. Stealing a goal like that. That is Team White's soccer. Do you guys understand now? Do you feel the adrenaline? Do you finally feel it? Isn't this feeling addicting? Team White just might make a comeback with what they just learnt. But my smile instantly dropped as i felt a cold breeze, a cold presence on the middle on the field. That familar aura.. Rin.

"Chatting on a battlefield? Don't you ever learn?" Rin spoke in his casual cold tone as he kicked the soccer ball straight towards the goal net. "You got distracted mid game, that's a bad habit." I murmered with a soft sigh as i thought this was the end. As i saw the ball fly to the opposite direction, i looked towards where the ball came from. Isagi, Isagi blocked the ball! Even though the ball went out, Isagi still managed to block it! I saw Rin's face expression then, that shock on his face. It's priceless. 

"You're half-baked too Rin!" Isagi shouted at Rin as they glared at each other, tensing me up. Luckily, i got saved by the whistle mentioning Team Red to corner kick. 

Of course it was Rin who had to kick. It was almost as if the ball was going in slow mode. I saw clearly, the ball did a spin mid air, changing directions. It went above everyone's heads! I've never seen this type of shot before, but i sure have read it in a book back when i was still playing soccer. A vertical spin direct shot! A shot from a corner kick. How skilled are you now Rin? I feel at most Rin is catching up to Sae. No, Rin probably has already cought up to Sae. 

You better make your counter soon Team White. One more goal and you lose. What are you thinking? Are you really just going to let them win like that? No, that's not what they're thinking. From their aura, their spirits still haven't died out. They're still determined to win and make a lead. Good thing, soccer isn't just a game of technique, but a game of mental stability too. 

A triangle that control midfield once again. But Isagi has yet to find his own chemical reaction. I'm sure he's trying to look for it, most likely this round too. That's just silly, looking for multiple things at the same time isn't going to help. 

A pass to Isagi, the ball is already floating towards Isagi. But Rin is there too. Isagi underestimated Rin. Rin can see just everything Isagi can see, but even more. Rin seems to have also developed the skill to predict and read people clearly. Even i saw through Rin, Isagi. The goal you smelt earlier wasn't a goal at all, but a set up trap to trick you to think that way. To really think you were controlling the field.. Rin was controlling the field the whole time. Rin won Isagi, you misread him. 

I heard a desperate shout from Isagi. A beg for help. A call to alert Bachira and Nagi. Not like they can help you Isagi. I watched as Rin easily dribbled past them, now reaching his favourite shooting range. With a beautiful arc Rin drew, the whistle blew. Team Red won with 5 to 2. 

"Now, who should we pick?" Aryu posed as Rin didn't even bother looking at them. "I don't care, it won't make any difference." Rin spoke as i saw the change in him.

Back when Rin was still a kid, back when we were still close. We would play soccer with each other everyday. Other children would join us from time to time. Rin.. You were always so cheerful. Rin was always the first to pick out his team. He want the best players on his side, he want to win every match and stand out, especially to Sae. He wanted to make Sae proud. 

But now looking at the new Rin in front of my eyes. He really has changed past the years. not for the better. My brain still haven't caught up. I really do prefer the old Rin, don't i? 

"Um Aryu, i think we should pick him!" Tokimitsu pointed, though i couldn't tell who he pointed at. Aryu didn't even look to where he was pointing at and agreed. "What a coincidence, i want him too." Aryu then turned around and held out his hand, which his nails are painted with black nail polish, and spoke in a delightful tone. All three boys looked from Team White as they wondered who they decided to pick. Aryu's lips parted, "join us.." 

A/N ¡! AHAHAH LEFT U GUYS AT A CLIFF HANGER ;P ure very welcome ^^ 

Like 60 reads away from 6k reads guys.. and 15 votes till 250! 1.2k words bc im nice, yet i changed my mind at the end and decided to leave u guys there pftt. 

Tests and assignments resume next week, we only get 1 wk off right after exams smh.. 

Oh, yes! Late post from now on, only 1 hr late so it isn't that bad..
Who did they pick? Find out in the next chap! Cya there ;D