12. Choosing a relationship { what to look for }

1 Corinthians 5:11

"But now I have written into you not to keep company ,if any man that is called a brother be fornicator ,or covetous ,or an idolater ,or a railer or a drunkard or a extortioner :with such a one not to eat ."

 Jesus Christ gave us a fundamental key from the association .in Matthew 12:33 when He said ,"Either make the tree good ,and his fruit good ; or else make the tree corrupt ,and his  fruit corrupt : for the tree is known by his spirit ".

 There are different levels of relationship ,some we don't have power to choose , while for most ,we are liberty to accept or reject .You had no power to choose your parents or your siblings these relationships were placed in your life by God for a purpose and so you must do your best to honour and respect family relationships . However ,as you grow into adulthood ,you will have need for relationship to have a successful life . Nevertheless ,you must realise that much as relationship are necessary for a source of failure if they are not well considered or handle .               Irrespective of the kind or level of relationship you seek ,either for social , educational or religious purpose ,the fundamental thing you must consider is this " is the relationship Godly "? That is , will God's name will be glorified in the relationship that is associated with fornication ,lie ,exam malpractice , corruption ,lust , disrespect for elders and live for the things that are not of God .

        The word of God is advises us to look for fruit of the spirit of  God in anyone we want to build a cordial relationship with .This plays a great role in your life when you grow older and want to get married .The fruit of the spirit to look for his love ,joy ,peace , patience , kindness , gentleness , goodness ,, faithfulness and self control .You must also ensure that you develop this fruit in your own life first before seeking for it in other people's life .

Confession 

    I am like a the tree by the river side ,I bear fruits in due season in Jesus name because I sit ,walk and stand with Godly people