Chapter Thirty-Four

Start from the beginning

I opened a portal, appearing in the loft.

"Alexander. Magnus. I'm back." I yelled through the loft.

"Over here, darling." I heard Magnus say from outside.

"Now what are you doing out here, my kitty cat?" I asked.

"Thinking. Lorenzo banned the warlocks from helping." He told me.

I always hated him. Always thinking he's better. I calmed my anger.

"Do you want me to go ask him?" I asked.

"No. I can't put the warlocks in danger." He told me.

"You are too good for me, Magnus Bane. Do you know that?" I asked him.

"Darling, you are the one that's too good for me. I don't know what I would have done if I didn't meet you all those years ago. Thank you for saving me." He told me.

I grabbed his hand, "Thank you for allowing me to love you." I spoke.

He pulled me in a hug, and we watched the city below us. We enjoyed the silence until we heard the door. Alexander.

"You, okay?" He asked Magnus, when he reached us. He leaned on the balcony as Magnus held me.

"It's been a day." Magnus said

"Yeah. We have no leads on Lilith or Jace, no word on Clary. Is something burning?" Alexander asked

"It's me." Magnus said

I immediately turned around and checked him for injuries. "What happened?!" I asked

"Things got a little bit heated during my talk with Lorenzo. I'm afraid the warlocks are not an option." Magnus told us

I knew the second part but not the first. I just gently wrapped my arms around his waist.

"So that's it. Jace is trapped in his own personal hell, and I can't get him out. He asked me to kill him, and I was too selfish to listen." Alexander said

"I was in there too. He asked me too, but I didn't. Was I being selfish?" I asked him

"No, you didn't want to hurt him. That doesn't make you selfish, Stella." He told me

"Then Alexander, you're not selfish either. You love him. He's your brother and parabatai." I told him

He looked at me as I unhooked my arms from Magnus going towards him. He nodded in understanding, and I put my arms around him like I did Magnus.

"If we see Jace, I have to kill him. I'll be damned if I let anybody else do it. He doesn't deserve to go through that torment." He told us, walking away.

"There's still another way for me to obtain enough power to cure him." Magnus said suddenly

"What? What is it?" Alexander asked, coming in front of Magnus

"My father." Magnus told him

"Asmodeus." I said

He nodded his head.

"Please tell me you don't do what I think you about to do." I said only to be met with silence.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Magnus, it's been a hundred years since you banished your father. How can you be sure he will listen to your request?" I asked as we made the pentagram.

"Let's just say he owes me one." He told me.

"For what happened to your mother?" Alexander asked.

"That... and for everything in the years that followed. I was living on the streets. I didn't know who or what I was. Asmodeus took me in. Nurtured my darker impulses. And taught me the 'proper' way to be a warlock." Magnus told us.