Fallingforyou

There is someone knocking on my door. I roll over in my bed with a groan, grabbing my phone to see the time, 8:15am. Rolling out of my bed, I make my way to the front door half asleep. When I open the door, I come face to face with Charles. I furrow my brows in confusion. Why is he here? And why is he holding a small bouquet of dandelions.

"What are you doing here?" I ask as I lean against the door. Charles looks me up and down slowly, and that's when I realize I'm only wearing a pair of underwear and a tank top. I should probably cover myself or get dressed but I'm still half asleep and my brain isn't working. Charles clears his throat roughly and looks up at me. 

"I told you I was coming." He tells me with a shy smile and I blink slowly, realizing that he's actually standing here. I move the door open slightly, indicating he can come in. He steps in hesitatingly and lingers by the door while I close it. I walk back toward the living room so I can fix the couch. 

"I didn't think you were serious." I replied as I move my pillows and fix the blankets so they are flat on the bed. Charles watches me intently as I fold the mattress and move it into the couch, adding the couch cushions back on it. I turn toward him after I'm finished and look at him pointedly. 

"What? You've never seen a pull out couch before?" I ask and based on his expression he hasn't. Figures. 

"You know what? Don't answer that. I know you haven't." I say, rolling my eyes and walk towards my kitchen to make some coffee. 

"I brought you these." He tells me, stepping up beside me and holding out the dandelions. I stare at them without taking them. 

"I'm not sure why you brought me a bouquet of weeds, Charles." I say as I put coffee grounds in my coffee pot and start it. 

"Because of the last song you added to the playlist." He says and I freeze, remembering the song I added. I turn to face him, staring in his eyes. Wondering what that means. 

"I've been making some wishes." He whispers as he holds them out to me again. My stomach fills with butterflies as I tentatively take the bouquet from him. Opening one of my cabinets, I grab a glass to use as a vase. Once they are in water, I walk them over to the bouquet of sunflowers and set them beside it. 

"Thank you." I say as I stare at the bouquets of flowers. Charles doesn't say anything, so I turn to face him finding him staring down toward my ass. I smirk as he sees that I've caught him staring at me. 

"See something you like?" I ask with a laugh and a shake of my head. 

"Yes. Something I really like." He replies and my body heats up like it's on fire. I have to look away from him so I don't go to him. I have to remind myself that he's taken. 

"Charles, you can't say things like that while you're dating someone else. It's not fair." I say, making my way back to my coffee pot. 

"I'm not dating anyone besides you." He says as he takes a step to stand right behind me. I can feel the heat from his body on my back he's that close. My eyes close in frustration. Frustration that he's lying and frustration that I want him desperately. 

"I don't believe you. I saw the photos of you and Charlotte." I whisper. The next thing I know, Charles is grabbing hold of me and spinning me to face him. 

"Charlotte has just started dating my good friend Joris." He says, catching my eyes with his. He stares deep into mine as the words he just said sink in. 

"Okay...but why all the photos then?" I ask because I'm honestly still confused.

"Charlotte and I being seen together is always a big deal, even if there are other people in the photo with us. The media creates the narrative that will get them clicks and views." He answers and I furrow my brows in annoyance.