Chapter 12

Warning: mature language, mention of suicide and pregnancy lost****{Chris' POV}

*
*
*
*
{Chris' POV}

I sat in my office, thinking. Just hours before we head out on a plane to get back what was stolen from me. Whiskey in one hand, a pen in the other. Writing up some documents for the men that will be left behind and orders that needed to be taken care of.

I looked at the photo that sat on my desk, Sebastian, y/n and me. It was taken a few days after she had murdered her former husband and before she had shut down from us. Depression can really hit hard and out of no where.

"You ready to go? Fixed up any loose ends?" Came Sebastian's voice.

I didn't answer, I just kept staring and thinking what was happening to her. How she was doing and the child that she had kept a secret from me. Knowing they were growing up without me and being poisoned by Zakaria.

"Earth to Chris! We need to leave... like five minutes ago"

I shot my head up. I nodded and dropped the pen on the desk. Taking the last bit of drink from my glass before leaving that there as well.

Heading out the office and down to the front door, I was greeted by the men. Handing over my wallet, keys, helping putting on my suit jacket. I was ready to leave this place. Noticing the men placing our suitcases in the trunk of the cars and closing it.

I got in with the door closing and was given a smile from Eric. "Sir"

"Eric..."

"We shall arrive at the airport in a few hours. The trip itself will take..."

I cut him off "That's fine, Eric. It will give us a chance to finish our conversation" I said to him.

"Sir, it is no importance of right now" He said, starting the car and driving off behind the Sebastian's car which was in front.

"It is a great importance when your finest man is resigning and wanting to leave this lifestyle. I need to know if what he is asking for, is for the best and leaving this life behind will not cause further trouble"

"Further trouble, sir?"

"I don't want you or Michelle to be in trouble of any kind and if you would need protection, you know that I am here to help in any way possible"

Silence fell and it stayed like that until we got on the plane. Eric busied himself with other things to make the trip run smoothly and we are set up in Italy. While I was tucked in the corner of the plane reading over some papers.

That's when I got a call. A buzz to my phone, picking it up and seeing Oscar's name pop up. I answered the call on loud speaker. I knew Sebastian wasn't far away and can easily hear it, if he choses too

"Speak" Was all I said.

"Sir, I have some news that you and Mr. Stan would be happy about." I looked up to see in fact that Sebastian was listening. "I have arrived in Italy. I have been given word that Miss Romano and Mr. Bane are here. I want to be able to see if my source is correct." He found her and it's exactly where we're going. "However, my source had said that he was in Spain doing some business and doesn't know if he'll be in Italy for much longer"