Chapter 3

Warning - Mature language and Substance in use ***{Three Years Ago - Few Days After the Wedding event}

*
*
*
{Three Years Ago - Few Days After the Wedding event}

{Sebastian's POV}

"I want every fucking man available. Pull them from other jobs that they're on, this is our main fucking concern right now!" I said to West, Nick and Eric

"Yes, sir" they all said in unison before leaving.

I was left alone in my office, thinking and pondering on what else I could do. My men have orders, I need everyone back here. The other jobs have to wait, people of this city will need to wait until we have reclaimed their Queen back.

I poured myself a drink. It would have been my fifth drink, if I could remember...

Nope, I might have lost count. My head was hurting and everything was starting to spin. Yet, I kept on drinking. It was the only thing that helped numbed the pain I was feeling.

"Sir..."

"Not now" I said, wanting to focus more on the situation at hand

"I just want to know if there's anything I can do?" I turned to see Oscar standing at the door. His voice sounding defeated. "There has to be something I can do, to help"

I didn't have the strength to say anything to him. I didn't trust the words that would come out of my own mouth. I wanted to hurt someone and right now, I could hurt him without thinking twice about it.

She trusted him, spared his life even though he worked for the enemy. Knew he was working for the enemy and still gave him the chance to redeem himself. I had given her the choice and he had proven himself so much.

But for this moment, I wanted to kill him. I wanted him to feel how I was feeling, knowing I don't have the one person who actually saw the good in me and wanted me.

Flaws and all...

"Sir, I know there has to be something that I can do. I want to help, she was... is my friend"

"You've lost that right when you left her all those fucking years ago! You chose a lifestyle that was dangerous and left her alone. You don't get to call her a friend anymore" I said, boiling inside.

"I left to make a better life for myself. I was always going to come back for her and give her the life that she deserved."

"Deserved?" That was my breaking point "Let's have a fucking look on what happened to her life, when you decided to leave" I ticked them off my fingers as I went "She got married to Vito. A man who treated her worse than a fucking animal. Beating her, abusing her, she saw her friend who he fucked in front of her, shot dead."

"That wasn't my fault. Don't put that shit on me, sir"

"If it wasn't for Chris meeting her the day she ran from Vito, who the fuck knows what would have happened to her. I will admit that I played a huge disappointing part in that whole Vito saga, where she got captured and tortured once again. Now, for the more recent events... Shall I continue?"