{30}

《AUGUST'S POV》

WE STAYED THE entire trip and things went well. We went to the zoo, got icecream, and mom and dad even allowed Pierre to sleep in my cabin on a few nights.

Preston and Maple were doing the same as well. We would knock into them but not much words got exchanged. That was the awkwardness I was talking about.

I know it will subside but it'll also take some time. It's been two weeks since then and we were soon back to school taking our exams, which went by without a hitch. I passed all my exams, which I made sure of and things -after going back to school- went well.

Pierre stopped getting bullied and if anyone tried Preston pounced on them instead or just placed fear into them as a way to get them to leave Pierre alone.

Pierre and I went on more dates and sex just kept getting better and better.

And before I knew it, prom was right around the corner. Which I am of course excited for this.

"You'll be fine sweety." Mom told me. We're picking a dress. Prom is in two days and I want to look my best for Pierre.

"It's not like he'll know what color you'll be wearing anyways since- ow." Mom hit dad upside the head and she huffed.

"Even if Pierre can't see color other people can, and this is going to be her prom night, something she's been waiting for, for a really long time." Mom explains.

"Okay okay, fine."

"Guys, Pierre and I are wearing brown."

Dad threw a hand over his mouth and gazed at Maple. 'What about you?'

I gazed at her and she smiled. Dad and Meriane went to battle, I'm talking lawyers, court, there was tears and pleading too. Mostly from Meriane's side according to dad and Meriane literally stopping by our house wailing for Maple to come back.

I know Maple chose what was good for her and she began speaking to Pierre's mom for professional advice, so whatever was talked about made Maple choose dad in the end.

And she convinced the jury as well that Meriane's place of stay wasn't at all safe.

And she seems happier too. I do however feel kind of bad for Meriane, but she allowed Tony to do what he did, who is still missing to the public eye by the way.

Police did put of a report on him though, says he's armed and dangerous. All thanks to dad of course.

'Blue.'

'See, that's a good color.'

"Oh whatever dad. It's me and Pierre's color."

He laughed. "Whatever color you want. You're only spending daddy's money anyways." He complains quietly.

"Well maybe I should let grandpa buy it for me."

Dad gave me a look and I shrugged my shoulders with a cheeky grin.

"Okay, you let him buy it then, Maple I'm paying for everything.'

"Oh it's duel on then." I took out my phone and went to call granpa until dad snatched my phone from my hand.

"I was joking." He mocks. I stuck out my tongue and he copied me.

"Even in your forties you're childish." Mom tease.

"And I still have stamina." He gave her a kiss on the cheek and handed me my phone as Maple and I continued to look for dresses.

I'm so excited.