𝐱𝐯: 𝗮𝗮𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝘄𝗲'𝗿𝗲 𝗯𝗮𝗰𝗸!!! :𝟏𝟓

Start from the beginning

"Yeah, I mean, Witches Against the Throne is inclusive and straight to the point," Annika added.

"That may be true, but think about it," Katya started. "WAT is just what without the h."

"Okay and?" Darius asked with a raised brow.

Amber shook her head. "The fact that you don't see the problem shows how uncultured you two are."

Annika and Darius glanced at one another.

"So we propose to change our group name from Witches Against the Throne to Covens Against the Throne," Derwin started, and Raine completed him.

"Aka the CATs."

Derwin, Amber, and Kayta hissed in a threatening but playful manner.

Darius's eyes widened. "Absolutely not!"

Annika couldn't help but let out a laugh while the other members pondered.

Katya wrapped an arm around the head of the abomination coven's shoulders. "C'mon, Dary—"

"Don't call me that," he swatted her arm away.

"—Don't be the party pooper."

"This group is supposed to be serious, not funny."

Annika's laughter died down, and she wiped a tear before she spoke. "Now, that would be a good name."

"See, even the princess agrees with us," Amber pointed out to Darius with a cocky smile.

The said coven head let out a long before turning to Annika. "You can't possibly agree to this nonsense."

"Actually, I can. Unlike you, Darius, I have spirit!"

The purple-haired witch groaned as he rubbed his temples. "Titan, save me from this infernal abyss."

Annika giggled at Darius's misery. "I don't think he will."

"Anyway," Raine called out. "Whoever wants to change our group name from the WATs to the CATs, please raise your arm."

To Darius's dismay, most members, including Raine, Eberowlof, and Annika, raised their arms.

"Your reaction alone gives me joy in life," the crown princess marked with a cheeky grin at a scowling man.

─── ⋆˖⁺‧₊⟡
〚 𝒆𝒏𝒅 𝒐𝒇 𝒇𝒍𝒂𝒔𝒉𝒃𝒂𝒄𝒌 〛
⟡₊‧⁺˖⋆ ───

Annika let out a short hum—she never thought it would take little time for Hunter to get distracted, and she didn't need to do anything either, which was a bonus for the girl.

Darius wouldn't be sending the two teens on a mission without giving the brunette her secret task—collect the Sikrish Moss, which grows around caves and rivers.

"I think I heard something over there," she told nearby coven scouts. "I'll go see what it is," she reassured them and began to walk away from them, but one of them stopped her.

"Your Highness, we're not supposed to let you out of our sights. Emperor Belos said so."

Thankfully, Annika didn't have to show her irritated expression. "Of fucking course," she muttered through gritted teeth.

However, with her quick thinking, the girl realized she could simply twist Belos's orders to her advantage, so she slipped her facade and turned toward the scouts. "Then one of you should come along with me."

"Right..." One of the coven scouts replied and stepped next to the heir before they walked together to a nearby cave.

"Do you see anything or anyone here?" Annika asked while plucking the moss when the coven scout wasn't looking toward her.