Chapter 10: Affection!

*****

Kim Dokja isn't sure why Yoo Jonghyuk insisted on going to talk to the prophets together. Not like they couldn't again split up to handle everything more efficiently. They both had started on their own kings roads and it’s hard to not worry about possible scenario punishment if either of them messes up. But KIm Dokja can't really argue when the protagonist looks so serious about something.

So they are on their way to Dongmyo station together, just the two of them because Yoo Jonghyuk declared that it will be enough. The walk down tunnel is even  surprisingly quiet. Likely boring enough that not many constellations are watching at this particular moment, which makes it perfect time to use dokkaebi communication.

「Bihyung, if Yoo Jonghyuk doesn't have a dokkaebi bag membership, can I buy him one? Oh, and I would like to purchase Midday Tryst.」

「His sponsor should be one using the bag.」

「And when was the last time someone heard from his sponsor? Other than the guy pouring in more probability. Actual communication.」

「Why are you always like this? Fine, you can buy it. Just confirm the purchase. Why am I even playing along…」

「Because two of us bring you a lot of subscribers and everyone wants to be my sponsor」

He can feel Jonghyuk grabbing tighter on his hand as the gift is sent and Kim Dokja meets his questioning look. He places finger on his lips while activating the Midday Tryst.

[Indigo flag can't reach you so I needed something to contact you~]

[And dokkaebi bag?]

[Not like your sponsor buys anything for you, so of course you need access to the shop. Be thankful, usually it's limited to people without a sponsor.]

He sends cheekily, even if it was Yoo Jonghyuk who would eventually figure out that he can wrench dokkaebi into selling him access due to his sponsor inactivity. But it would have taken about twenty turns more.

[You didn't do it last time]

[Are you afraid of change?]

There is pause before Yoo Jonghyuk stops walking and pulls him close. This damn protagonist. Kim Dokja can feel blood rushing to his face as the other man leans in.

“You are the unpredictable storm of change and I can't hate it.” He moves even closer, close enough for his breath to touch the skin and Dokja is torn between trying to turn away in embarrassment and to close this bit of space and kiss him. “But I'm scared of what you are doing to me.”

And then he presses their lips together and the protagonist is unfairly perfect even at kissing. That bastard.

「Exclusive skill Fourth Wall has offset some of the mental shock」

Kim Dokja uses Midday Tryst again. He isn’t letting the protagonist win that easily.

[If that's the reaction I need to buy you gifts more often]

Yoo Jonghyuk finally pulls away and lets him breathe.

“Kim Dokja,” he growls and it has no right to sound so hot. It's just too much.

「The Fourth Wall is shaking faintly」

“Nope, we have a scenario to get over with.” Kim Dokja pushes against Yoo Jonghyuk's chest, wiggling out of his hold before taking a deeper breath. “We'll talk about that later~” Thank the fourth wall for restoring his composure. That could have gotten wildly out of hand without it. He can even give this unfairly attractive man a cheeky wink without combusting.