Chapter 2

Kim Dokja sees the message,

「Skill Fourth Wall has offset the mental shock」

It still doesn't make much sense why the protagonist rushed into their carriage. No, he should not be able to in the first place. It must have been dokkaebi deciding to change something.

And maybe he can accept the damn sunfish deciding to save Kim Nawmoon from him. Whatever.

「Really? Why would you stop rampage now? You already killed so many, why not earn some more coins with those useless lives around?」

Bihyung complains loudly, but Yoo Jonghyuk ignores him. Instead he comes right towards Kim Dokja, pushing Yoo Sangah aside like he doesn't even notice her. And he is staring down at Kim Dokja as if offended by his presence, or maybe he decided to eliminate him after all…

「Incarnation Yoo Jonghyuk has gifted you 500 coins」

「Skill Fourth Wall has offset some of the mental shock」

What the hell is this damn protagonist doing? He has no reason to… oh. Regressor who somehow ended up in the real world. If in the last turn they met Dokja probably used knowledge from the novel to help out. If Yoo Jonghyuk expects he will be of more help this time around, that will be troublesome.

“I'm not the man you knew.”

「You have returned 500 coins to incarnation Yoo Jonghyuk」

It's not a small sum for that early in the scenarios, but he can't afford to let the misunderstanding build.

“You still know the scenarios. I'll be your companion.”

「Incarnation Yoo Jonghyuk has gifted you 600 coins」

He is leaning closer, his unreasonably handsome face and damn protagonist halo working together to make it into possibly the most embarrassing experience possible.

「Fourth Wall is shaking slightly」

Heads explode in a gory shower as the timer runs out. Fine. If he is like that then he's not getting money back.

“We should get moving.” Kim Dokja turns away, trying to not think about the intense stare.

「Now, you worked hard… although you are quite a strange group… so now it's time for your reward!」

Right. Even if it doesn't matter for him, the rest of the group really could use a constellation sponsor. Of course Yoo Jonghyuk frowns angrily at this. This man has some serious problems with the constellations.

And then their eyes meet over the screen and something in his expressions changes and he gives Kim dokja barely perceptible nod.

「Constellation Demonic Judge of Fire supports your companionship.」

「Constellation Demonic Judge of Fire has sponsored you 500 coins!」

Is she trying to bribe him into selecting?

“Good to see you too, Uriel.” Yoo Jonghyuk comments. As if he got a similar message at the same time. Maybe not bribing, then?

「Constellation Demonic Judge of Fire is surprised by incarnation Yoo Jonghyuk recognizing her.」

“Is she a good friend?” Dokja can't quite hold himself back from asking. She was an ally in very few regressions, but even in those he never experienced Yoo Jonghyuk being this friendly.

“Yours.”

Kim Dokja looks at his sponsor offers again, with Demonic Judge of Fire clear on the list.

“No.”

Kim Dokja almost wants to roll his eyes at the great communication skills of the amazing regressor, but he just dismissed the sponsor selection screen. Friend not sponsor it is.

And then Yoo Jonghyuk just turns on his heel and approaches Lee Hyunsung.

“Um, Dokja-ssi… do you know that man?” Yoo Sangah asks. Her voice is shaking and quiet and she's… blushing?

“Well, I used to? Not sure how he is now.” He pauses for a moment, considering his options. “You'll need to help me talk him into cooking for us. He is the best cook you'll ever meet.”

“I'm not sure I'll be of any help.”

Lee Hyunsung forces the door open, with the loud  screeching noise and Kim Dokja grabs Lee Gilyoung… Yoo Jonghyuk is there, picking up the kid, grabbing him by the hand.

“We are running. Now.”

Bihyung appears and starts panicking, issuing the second scenario when they are already moving and instantly messing up with settings. He seems to be panicking despite messages of Abyssal Black Flame Dragon and Prisoner of the Golden Headband sending out their appreciation for chaos, and messing with scenarios. And then there is Uriel who just has to point out that they are "holding hands".

What is wrong with that archangel.

Secretive Plotter would also like to know.

They make it. Just in the nick of time before the sea commander comes crashing into the bridge, they reach the safe portion of the bridge. The golden barrier of the next area is right in front of them.

Yoo Jonghyuk stops and places Lee Gilyoung down. He is still holding Kim Dokja by hand and other man just goes with him as he pulls him to the side.

“I need you strong,” the protagonist says, with a frown and determined voice. He is close, so close Kim Dokja can feel his breath. His eyebrow is twitching like he is making a hard, important decision.

He grabs Kim Dokja by the shirt and lifts him up over the edge of the bridge hand outreached as her, peers down himself as well to make sure the maw below is open and waiting.

“Show me your brilliance,” he demands as he lets go.

Kim Dokja can’t help but smile as he is falling. This insane bastard probably did it in the last round and decided that he liked the outcome.

Lee Hyunsung probably won’t trust him after this for a long time.