Chapter 6 : sappy gays?

*****

Lee Jihye is surprised to see a whole group of newcomers coming together towards Chungmuro station, but it settles as soon as she sees the master with them.

He seems to have found new recruits, although they don't look quite as well put together as herself and Kim Namwoon.

Especially the child, following a little behind a plain man, clinging to his hand.

Why would the master let a child come with him?

"What the fuck? That's the dude, one he threw at that sea monster."

It takes her a moment to figure out he means the man with the boy. Master is staying close to that one as they emerge from the darkness of the tunnel.

"He doesn't look very dead to me," Lee Jihye comments in a deadpan tone, because all this freaking out is kind of getting on her nerves.

"New theory time! Boss throws people at monsters, but only if they can handle it. Like putting us in the dungeon. But holy shit, that monster was huge."

This at least makes sense. They had to train to get stronger. Still. There must be something more to this man than can be seen.

As they are coming closer, more details of how they are walking are visible. Two women, rather pretty, quite disheveled, one with a softer face is holding a crude sword they probably made in a hurry, the other one is wearing a robe that might be some item and holds a rather nice sword... Man who is keeping his steps like he's marching, this one is armed with a shield and his arm is bandaged. But in all of this she ends up zoning on one, very important detail.

"Look at the master's hand. Are you seeing this?"

It is holding the other man around his waist as they walk close together. Neither of them seems to make much out of this gesture, like this is something normal for them.

"That's some wild shit right there..."

So he noticed. Well, she didn't take master for the type at first, but it's a pretty cute image.

"Do you think they were, you know, before all of this?" She nudges Kim Namwoon. He was one who saw them at the start of scenarios so maybe?

That would make the presence of a child following them around make so much more sense.

"Dunno. That lady in the brown suit is a friend of the fish bait dude, maybe she knows."

Lee Jihye considers briefly punching him for calling master's boyfriend the fish bait, but it's not worth it.

She just lets herself run up to them.

"Master! You are back. I see it went well~" She playfully leans closer, trying to get a better look at his boyfriend, but there is something odd, making it very hard to figure out his features. It's stupid, she can't even tell if the guy is handsome.

"Lee Jihye," master scolds her, like a boring old man disapproving of hrr fun.

"I was just curious. That dumbass just couldn't shut up about the whole 'throwing people at monsters' thing."

"Don't worry, he isn't going to do anything like that again." She can make out a smile out of his features. "Right, Jonghyuk-ah?" Oh, he is teasing master?

"It's your turn now, Dokja. Plan-" he stops himself looking up with a frown. "Ad break? Lot of it will get censored."

What the hell are they talking about?

But the strange guy, Dokja, smiles wider. He clearly understands exactly what this means.

"Bihyung, he is right, it's going to be a messy conversation to listen to with amount of restricted information."

「You guys really are going to be running around doing whatever you want?」

"You can try to listen and see if it's bad enough to justify it, for the future."

「Fine. Ad break on, ten minutes. I'll listen just this once. Only because you know a lot about stream.」

"Thank you~. Now, Jonghyuk-ah, are you going for ■■■?"

"Today. You stay and end ■■. ■■ Gong Pildu. The ■■ will ■■■■■■■■■■ so we need to hurry with ■■■■■."

Jihye takes slow breath just to not match frustrated huff from resident chunni, but as small comfort, people from the other group look just as confused by the painful density of words that seem somehow impossible to hear.

"Who?" Thankfully Dokja-ssi also seems to not get all of it.

"Ones who ■■■■ and fake ■■."

"Oh, I see. So you know ■■?" And it looks like they moved on without anything possible to figure out.

"No." For a moment it sounds like they are done with whatever this is, just looking into each other's eyes and being unbearably sappy for a moment. "■■■■■■, please."

And here Jihye went through the effort of trying to overhear, just for more of the messy noise.

"But... does it have anything to do with ■■?"

"Yes, they ■■■■■"

"Ah, I didn't get that."

Yoo Jonghyuk grabs his sword and lightly touches the chest of his... partner with the tip.

「Going back on air. I hope you two aren't going to keep that scrambled mess. It was a pain to listen to.」

Dokkaebi interjects without any respect for the moment. Or maybe even he is doing it exactly to show constellations whatever the hell is going on between those two.

"■■ one you love the most."

"Oh. I'm so sorry you had to do that." Dokja-ssi is ignoring the sword and smiles at Yoo Jonghyuk-nim. "We can-"

"Stop threatening him!'' Both women from the newcomer group run up to them to interfere, weapons in hands. They push in between two men positioned as if to protect Dokja-ssi. The dumb gays hour is officially over.

Master takes a step back and sheathes the sword, letting them do whatever. He might even be satisfied, seeing how protective they are.

"Six hours. If I'm not back, come and get me." Then he turns away, and in a much harsher tone he throws out the order, "Lee Jihye, Kim Namwoon. Do anything he tells you to."

"Yes, master. He'll be in good hands!"

"Why do I have to listen to this psycho bitch?"

Neither of them got any response, but Jihye now is kind of curious as to why this edgelord would make that specific accusation. Probably it'll be a gross misinterpretation of something he saw again, but there might be an interesting story behind it.

"So, you and master? Is he always like that with people he likes?"

"I... uh. Well, he is actually really devoted. This, with the sword? He just wanted me to be aware of future danger."

"Dokja-ssi, do you realize that justifying violent actions of your partner is a sign of an abusive relationship?"