Fake Dating (pt. 3)

En başından başla

"Pardon?" He asked indignantly.

"Kong, you're forgetting that I know you very well. I know he's not your boyfriend."

"Pardon?" He repeated, offended and anxious in equal measure.

He chuckled. "That pale dude is not dating you. You look like you're afraid to touch him, and we both know how touchy you are when you're dating someone." He explained. "So, why did you feel the need to bring him? Was it to make me jealous?"

"Don't be ridiculous." He growled.

He raised his eyebrows. "It's your family, isn't it? You wanted to avoid all their questions. They've always been a big fan of mine. Making me jealous is just an added benefit, isn't it? Well, it worked. Even if you aren't actually dating the pale dude."

"You're so full of yourself... I couldn't care less how you feel about my relationship. And P'Arthit is not a pale dude. He's my boyfriend, and he's..."

"... here." A cold voice finished his sentence. A hand on his waist and gently pulled him toward himself. "Sorry to make you wait."He added more softly. Then gave Sam an icy look. "Thank you for your interest, but we're fine. I can take over from here, Sam."

Arthit didn't wait for him to respond; he took Kongpob's hand and led him away.

His hand slid up his waist and pulled him in, swaying him gently to the music. Kongpo raised his eyebrows as Sam glared at them before turning on his heel and making his way toward his table, where his grandmother and mother were standing and watching the action unfold.

"P'. He knows. He knows everything."

"What do you mean?"

"That you're not really my boyfriend. That all of this is fake."

Arthit put a wrong foot down on the dancing ground, and the other stepped on it.

"Ouch!"

"Sorry..."

"No, it doesn't matter. Just... how?"

"Apparently, we're not affectionate enough." He muttered letting his head fall on his shoulder.

Arthit narrowed his eyes, one corner of his mouth curling upward slightly. "What are you proposing?"

"N-nothing! Just, he's going to tell everyone." He stumbled eyes big as and red cheeks.

"Hey." He pinched his cheek to gain his attention. "Don't let him get to you."

He glanced up into his senior's eyes and, for a single moment, the background fades into nonexistence and his troubles with his ex seemed a million miles away. In some ways, it felt like they were detached from the real world and belonged only in that little moment.

"You know, there is a way we can be more convincing as a couple..." Arthit murmured, almost inaudibly.

Kongpob understood the underlying innuendo of his suggestion. He knew it was an awful idea, considering his feelings. Kissing Arthit would be the ultimate annihilation of whatever chance he might have had at restoring a platonic friendship with him once the weekend was over. Perhaps not for the older man, but certainly for him. On the other hand, he knew that kissing his fake boyfriend was the best method of proving the authenticity of their relationship.

The last notes of the song faded just as another began in its place, people were chatting and drinking champagne around them.

Arthit didn't say anything as he removed his hand from his shoulder. Kongpob followed suit by dropping the hand he had on his slender waist.