Fake Dating (pt. 3)

Kongpob's eyes scanned the chairs briefly but he saw no sign of Arthit's. That morning, when he woke with their arms and legs entangled and with his head on his chest, he got scared. And embarrassed. His few drops of champagne were enough to give himself away.

Arthit was clearly mortified and possibly regretting the entire endeavor. He must knew by now that he liked him.

So Kongpob did the only thing he could think about, he used a poor excuse to practically run away.

Perhaps now Arthit'd changed his mind about attending the ceremony. 

The thought upsetted him because the least he could have done was talk to him beforehand so that his absence wouldn't catch him off guard.

He was still annoyed when his gaze landed on a particularly handsome face that was smirking up at him from the assembled guests. He was wearing a blue-colored suit and his hair was slightly gelled. He was handsome.

Kongpo  gave a grateful smile then turned away so as not to give him an opportunity to perceive the discomfort on his face. In doing so, however, his eyes settled on Sam instead. He grinned at him broadly, wiggling his eyebrows. He rolled his eyes and looked away, but on the corner of his eye he saw Arthit glaring at him.

He couldn't help but smile inwardly at his colleague's transparent animosity toward his ex. The latter certainly deserved it, and it was a pleasant feeling having his senior on his side.

When finally the ceremony came to an end and all the guests began to make their way toward the patio where the servers are already walking around with platters brimming with ridiculously small, and unnervingly unrecognizable, food.

...

Too intent watching his fake boyfriend talk with his father, Kongpob didn't notice his grandmother cozied up to him.

"I like him."

He looked at her in surprise.

"Don't look so shocked. I think he's perfect for you."

"More than Sam?" He asked ironically.

"Eh." The old woman shrugged.

"But he's a doctor!" He exclaimed in mock outrage, trying to emulate his mother's tone when she'd learned of his decision to break up.

The woman chuckled. "He's an overbearing prick."

He chuckled amused. He knew his grandma would have his back."Please share your wisdom with mom."

This time she was the one to chuckle.

"I've never seen you look at Sam the way you look at dimple boy."

"Yeah..." He agreed, with a note of sadness.

Maybe she was right. Unfortunately, that feeling wasn't mutual. Actually, Arthit was probably angry now too.

He was too caught up in his thoughts to notice that Sam was now in front of him, asking him to dance.

He raised a skeptical eyebrow at him. Was he serious?

He was about to tell him to fuck off, but he realized that too many eyes were on him.

"Just a dance." Sam said, pleading.

His right hand grabbed Sam's extended hand, squeezing so hard that the latter scrunched up his face.

"Let's get this over with." He growled.

Sam lead him out onto the dance floor and brought him into an embrace.

"So what is it?"

"Straight to the point, I see. Ok, so, when are you going to end this?"