"Thank you, Yu-ge. I'll go down now." Xiao Zhan thanked Yu Heng, who was waiting to collect the documents, and ran back to the cabin.

He crouched down next to Wang Yibo and gently touched his face, whispering, "Yibo, we can go now." Then he turned around and said, "Come on, I'll carry you. Let's go back to the rest area."

Wang Yibo's focus returned, and he saw Xiao Zhan's broad back and worried expression. He couldn't help but ask himself, why didn't he realize before that Xiao Zhan was such a reliable presence? He also wondered, can these broad shoulders and caring gaze be exclusively reserved for Wang Yibo?

He had always been prone to daydreaming, and recently, he had been spacing out more often, often getting lost in thoughts and fixating on Xiao Zhan. Xiao Zhan thought he was in great discomfort when he saw no response from Wang Yibo and furrowed his eyebrows as he stood up.

It was then that Wang Yibo snapped back to reality and said, "Zhan ge..." But before he could finish his sentence, Xiao Zhan had already lifted him up. Wang Yibo immediately became alert and reflexively grabbed onto Xiao Zhan's shoulders, saying, "Zhan ge!"

"Don't move around" Xiao Zhan scooped his knees up and walked into the aisle, carrying him effortlessly like a doll.

Wang Yibo never imagined that one day he would be princess-carried by someone, especially in a work setting. He felt at a loss for words and didn't know where to look. Just as Xiao Zhan was about to walk out of the cabin door, Wang Yibo hurriedly said, "Wait, wait!"

Xiao Zhan stopped and looked at him. "Are you feeling very uncomfortable? Hold on a little longer, I'll take you to the rest area first, and then we'll find a doctor..."

"No" Wang Yibo said. He wasn't feeling suffocated or dizzy anymore. He could even count the lashes on Xiao Zhan's eyes clearly. He loosened his grip, realizing that he was holding onto Xiao Zhan's epaulet, and lowered his head as he said, "I just wanted to say that it's not that serious. You can put me down, and I can walk on my own."

He thought Xiao Zhan's actions were only out of concern and expected him to let go, but Xiao Zhan didn't move. He simply looked at Wang Yibo without saying a word. Wang Yibo couldn't understand the complexity in Xiao Zhan's eyes, but he felt a prickling sensation and his fingers, which had loosened, grabbed onto Xiao Zhan's shoulder again. He tentatively whispered, "Zhan ge?"

"Don't always try to be strong, okay?" Xiao Zhan's voice was also low, devoid of any specific emotion, but it felt like a plea.

The hot air brushed against their faces as they stepped onto the tarmac, with the scorching sun baking the entire area. Wang Yibo opened his mouth to speak, but before any words came out, Xiao Zhan said, "Even if you're an Alpha, if you're sick or uncomfortable, I will take care of you just like now. It has nothing to do with gender."

"Yibo." Xiao Zhan strained his gaze away from Wang Yibo and looked outside the cabin.

The sunlight was too bright, dyeing his pupils amber, and he struggled to keep his eyes open. He smiled and said, "At the very least, I'm your gege, and you're my didi. It's only natural for an older brother to take care of his younger brother. Don't overthink it."

Indeed, Wang Yibo had been overthinking it, whether it was related to gender or not.

Wang Yibo lowered his gaze, nodded, and leaned back on Xiao Zhan's shoulder, whispering, "Thank you." Xiao Zhan shook his head and said, "I've told you, you don't need to thank me."

Carrying Wang Yibo, Xiao Zhan walked out of the cabin and descended the gangway.

He was sweating, and there was a faint scent between his collar. Normally, it would have been overshadowed by the pleasant fragrance of cologne, but unfortunately, Wang Yibo was too close to him, and Wang Yibo, being an Omega approaching his heat, was particularly sensitive to the scent of an Alpha.

His sense of smell was awakened, and with it, memories flooded back. Many summers from the past flashed through Wang Yibo's mind as he watched Xiao Zhan's brows and eyes mature from innocence to maturity, like a fighter jet taking off and returning.

He watched as Xiao Zhan took off his military uniform and gradually became leaner, softening his edges under the blue sky, transforming into the handsome and elegant appearance he has now.

It had been a long time since Wang Yibo had smelled sweat on Xiao Zhan.

Xiao Zhan had left his cap in the cockpit, and his hair was slightly flattened by the headset. The tarmac was always windy, and as he descended the last step, his fringe was blown out of place.

Xiao Zhan closed his eyes and habitually shook his head to the side. Wang Yibo, almost instinctively, reached out his hand.

He brushed aside those mischievous strands of hair, and Xiao Zhan opened his eyes to look at him. Only then did he realize what he was doing, and his fingertips recoiled. Xiao Zhan couldn't hide the momentary daze that flashed across his face, which further intensified the ambiguity between them.

Wang Yibo forced himself to help tidy up Xiao Zhan's hair, unable to see his own flushed ears. He averted his gaze and said, "I saw that it was blocking your eyes."

"Mm." Xiao Zhan also turned his gaze away. The wind on the tarmac didn't stop, and the hair he just fixed was blown astray again. He looked at the shuttle bus, separated by strands of hair, and momentarily forgot what he had just taught Wang Yibo. He coughed and said, "Thank you."