Chapter 43

Azura stared at the open vortex with both curiosity and worry. She did not know if things will go as well as Bulkhead seemed to be implying. She also did not know how Wheeljack was going to be with her. She knew that he loves sparklings, that was not the issue. She was curious to know how rough he could be. She knows, from observation, that the fun uncle can be rough at times. Although, it does create the best memories, from what she understands, so she hoped for the same thing. Still, the fact there were cons on Wheeljack's tail as he crash landed, just seemed to be something that was making her worry. She didn't want to lose anyone before they arrive.

"Azura..." She flinched and looked up at Optimus as she stood by him. He had knelt down to look at her more closely with a gentle smile upon his face. "I see you are worried. I want you to feel reassured that Arcee, Bumblebee and Bulkhead brave warriors, and they will stop the decepticons from destroying Wheeljack."

"I know, I guess..." She turned her head to look back at the vortex. "Well, anything could happen when you go through that, daddy. I...I learned that a long time ago. I know it isn't your fault at all, but it still worries me. You did almost freeze to death last time, so why should it be different any other time?"

"I am not surprised that the recent experience has affected you so deeply, Azura," Optimus said gently as he gazed down at her with sad optics. "I think back to it a lot too. I am fully aware of what happened, Azura, and that we both could have lost everything. But you must not believe it to be the case every time we go through the ground bridge. We do need to find more energon, and it is the only way to reach it."

"I know..." Azura did not want to seem like she was going to always be worried, but she truthfully was likely going to worry each time the bots go through the ground bridge. "I do have some confidence they will come back. I just don't know what the manner of their return will be."

Optimus softened his gaze and stood back up, looking at the vortex with confidence. "Your concern and fear are all valid, Azura. I believe you having nothing to fear. I agree, we do not know what is going to happen, but I have much confidence they will return soundly. You will see."

She simply clutched her toy as she stared at the vortex. She did not know what to expect at all. And she didn't even know how she would react to meeting Wheeljack for the first time. Bulkhead might have said a lot, but Azura was going to see for herself if she would like Wheeljack. She felt that she would like him, but she might be shy towards him at first. She would have to wait and see on that as she waited for the bots to return through the ground bridge. Everyone was practically staring with anticipation, especially Miko.

Azura was tempted to ask Optimus to hold her while they wait, but she decided to remain on the ground. She wondered what Wheeljack looked like. She never really asked Bulkhead if he had a picture somewhere of his friend, but she guess he did not. And she guessed he could be about the same size as Bulkhead, given they both are wreckers, so she did imagine him to be that way. But she did know about every single wrecker, so she could only go off of Bulkhead's appearance, which probably wasn't a good thing

It took about five minutes before Bulkhead, Arcee and Bumblebee run back through the vortex, and behind them was Wheeljack. Azura smiled in relief as she saw Wheeljack. And she saw that Wheeljack was a little shorter than Bulkhead, and leaner too, but she knew that war never really cared about one's appearance. His finish is while with red and green markings on his arms, chassis and legs. And there seemed to be a friendly expression on his face.

When Ratchet shut off the ground bridge, there was a visible electric surge from the bridge itself. Azura saw the electric bolts sparking around the tunnel and from the bridge control itself. She was not entirely surprised as Ratchet had been working on fixing the bridge back to its former state for the past week, among all the other things that they needed to do as well to repair the damage from the scraplets. At least it was able to remain on for as long as it did to allow travel for the autobots.