Chapter 2

He was broken out of his thoughts by a giggle. A small smile broke out in his face as he turned to see his Darling looking at him. He loved her hazel eyes and how it sparkled seeing him. Seeing him smiling at her she too smiled brightly at him.

Amaira Singh Oberoi, his eight months old daughter was calling him by showing her grabby hands. He left his bed and walked towards her cradle. He gently lifted her and kissed her on her forehead and cheeks and his daughter too gave him a sloppy kisses on his cheek.

"Papa's Amu darling is awake" Om asked in a child like voice. She giggled and placed her head on his shoulder. He played with her for a little time before making her sleep again.

He placed her back in cradle and left for freshening up. Omkara wore a blue suit, his hair fixed in a pony and got ready for his day. He left his room, on reaching the kitchen he could see his beautiful wife preparing their breakfast. He step towards her and hugs her behind.

"Good morning"  she tells turning towards him. "Good morning Jaan"  Om says kissing her forehead. It's the same hazel eyes as Amu that stares at me with unconditional love.

"You arrange the table, till then I will feed Amu and come" she said and leaves the kitchen. He stands there smiling, remembering how this petite women entered his life nine and a half years back.

That was the first bulk amount deal he decided to do after starting his business. The transition from the artist Omkara to Business man OSO was hard. The man who used carry his heart on his shoulders had hardened his heart. His gaze had turned icey cold and emotions had solidified.
All he could see was dark, his days and nights had turned dark. The trip to Bareilly had changed something in him. There he met a certain someone who wore bright cloths and sparkling bangles with colourful pompoms. That certain someone had became light to his darkness and filled colours to his plain life.

The first meet was nothing less than filmy. The battle was whether his arrogance would win or her faith. And clearly had she won the battle and a small piece of his stone heart unaware to him by driving a bulldozer over his car shattering it as well as his ego.

But later, when he saw her at Kaali Thakur's Haveli his impression on her too broke. Rage had filled him as the image of Svetlana had formed inside of him of Gauri. But the unexpected turn of events had opened his eyes.

While leaving Bareilly, they both fell from the train into the river. At banks they had an argument and Gauri had yelled at him that her Chacha and Chachi had sold her , threatened of killing her mother and how she had do it to save her mother. Even though he could see the truth in her eyes and his heart told him to believe her, the past experiences had restricted him from beleiving her. But then she showed him the proof for her innocence- the handprint mark on her wrist and marks on her legs due to the chain, that speaks volumes about her being forced to act like that. She like an animal was chained to restrain her from running away. He thought he had solidified his emotions but at that moment he felt the pain seeing them. They sat there on a stone and he heard her story patiently.

Gauri was the only daughter of her parents, everything was normal until her father died in an accident when she was ten years old. Her father was in government service, the sum they got and the accident claim also went in clearing the depts of the house and with the left amount her mother started a stitching shop. Her Chacha chachi had apparently joined them in house and lived under her mother's income. Her mother's deteriorating health had forced Gauri to take the responsibility of the shop soon along with her studies. She had done many other petty jobs to manage her mother's hospital charges and her relative's careless expenses. After completing her schooling she had fully managed it until her relatives betreyed her and sold her to Kaali for money.