𝐵𝑖𝑟𝑑𝑠 & 𝐵𝑢𝑔𝑠 𝐷𝑜𝑛'𝑡 𝐹𝑙𝑦 𝑇𝑜𝑔𝑒𝑡ℎ𝑒𝑟*

Marinette can't stop licking her fingers!

Her dad's new cream puff recipe was to die for. She definitely needed to pay a little more attention to the amount of icing sugar because it had her looking like Santa growing out his stubble.

Breaking away from the pastry induced trance, she tiptoed back to the stairs and unlocked the so-called bedroom door of a hatch began calling out for Tikki. As her small and cute black and red kwami materialized from thin air into the clasp of her palms, she noticed how tired the little creature seemed.

"Here have some of the cream puff," the human held out a morsel of food larger than the kwami itself.

"Kids your age should be asleep by now."

Tikki's sleepy voice became muffled as she buried her face into the offering in Marinette's hand.

"I know," she grumbled, "but there's no use you whining. I can't be a normal girl living a normal life Tikki. Besides who's going to keep Paris safe tonight without your awesome luck," the teen cooed, making the kwami let out a meek smile.

"You don't have to flatter me into it."

"I know Tikki. That's what makes you so awesome."

The pair shared a giggle. God knows Marinette's life would have been so ordinarily boring if it wasn't for Tikki. Being granted powers that allowed her to become a superhero had to be the second-best thing, next to having the Legendary Chat Noir handing her the pair of magical earrings that could turn her into a superhero!

"Okay Tikki, spots on!"

With those magic words, Marinette's body was covered with a red luminous glow before a red and black spotted suit with outlined wings on her back hugged her body. Of course, her hair grew longer and turned black with her eye colour shifted from blue to brown. Her face fitted that iconic mask that gave her a more mature look. With little kwami magic, she was unrecognizable to the busybodies of Paris and she wanted to keep it that way.

Leaping off her balcony, she begins hopping off rooftop to rooftop. Nightly patrols were a good way of relieving stress, most of the time. The day's fortune was still bouncing off her brain. Perhaps Tikki was right, a little sleep wouldn't hurt. Anything to stop her impending bad fortune from manifesting itself over the next week. But patrolling is more important.

As Ladybug stopped by one of the red rooftops overseeing the museum, she decided to take out her compact and have a check-in with her feline friend.

Marinette sighed. They keep running past each other these days. Ever since they defeated Hawkmoth, super powered crime has been practically non-existent. Daily patrols at this point were just a check-in with the city's nightlife. Lots of waving at kids through windows, lots of police officers tipping their hats at her, lots of plain people just enjoying their life. It's the peace they fought so hard for. She liked it.