Guns And Laces: Chapter 8

Guns And Laces

The Journey Begins

Chapter Eight

"You'll be able to catch him over this beautiful, dead fuckin' body. But even then, he will be the one coming after you."

-Rheannon

I stared at the woman standing in front of me with a huge smile stretching across her lips, not having a single clue as to what was happening.

Angelo entered a moment later and my head whipped in his direction. He must have seen my awkward stature because he turned to face the lady and greeted her.

“Lina, this is Rheannon-” Angelo began to speak.

“Oh my god, oh my god, I knew it!” She clapped her hands in what seemed to be excitement as she cut him off.

“Lord, you’re so much more pretty up close!” She complimented.

Pink tainted my cheeks as I averted my gaze to the floor, for a brief moment, before looking up at her and muttering a small “thank you.”’

“I sent you a text.” Angelo spoke, his voice extremely stoic.

“Yes, you did.” Lina chirped.

“Lina.” His voice had a certain edge to it.

Angelo was the kind of person who exuded power and superiority, at all times. So imagine my shock when I watched Lina roll her eyes at him and him staring at her with a blank expression as if it was a common occurrence.

“Yeah, okay, everything’s already set up in your room.” She informed him.

A small crease formed on my forehead and I turned my attention to Angelo who glanced at me.

“Excuse me you two, I must take a leave a now. My son is waiting for me, at home. Enjoy your evening.” Lina bid us goodbye.

“It was nice meeting you, take care.” I politely replied.

As soon as she was out the door, I shifted my eyes back to Angelo, “What is the meaning of this?”

“What is the meaning of what?” He countered.

“You said there was some business event that you were taking me to.” I answered.

“And?”

“And Lina said everything’s set up in your room. Is this business event happening inside your room?” I slightly narrowed my eyes at him.

He inhaled a deep breath and took a step forward, “Any event can happen up there,” I didn’t miss how his tone was suggestive, “However, to answer your question, no it’s not happening inside my bedroom.”

“Why are you taking me to your bedroom?” I asked in exasperation.

He could have made it all clear but he was getting a thrill out of this situation.

“Get your head out of the gutter, Rheannon. I am not taking you to my bedroom. I mean, I am, but not for what you think.”

“Not now, at least.” He added, under his breath.

My mouth opened and closed as I tried to form a comprehensible sentence but nothing came out.

“Sensory overload, that’s fine.” Angelo spoke in an empathetic tone of voice.

All I could do was stare at him like a stupid woman, in turn.

“After you.” He gestured with his hand.