Chapter Forty -nine

* * *

The sound of waves surging with synchronous chirping birds nearby woke my consciousness. The feeling of familiarity has no different when I was being tortured. Listening much carefully noticing, no floors are creaking, and even my bed I was laying never swinging like I was in a pirate's shipwreck. No sound of dripping of water from the hell cave that Franchesca always corrected. That place is not a he'll cave instead it's an abandoned goth church on an island that nature swallows and claims as a whole.

No more dangling rusty metals from the lamp attached to ceilings, clinging like a horror version of a wind chime swinging. I opened wide my eyes and looked around, I'm not that in the pirate's shipwreck nor the hell cave anymore. I sat down slowly on the soft bed with my dress. Sitting there feels like I'm in paradise. Seeing Franchesca laying there beside me, I had an urgent call to peek down under those sheets to check, luckily she still wearing clothes not naked which meant nothing happened. I smiled at the thoughts, I can't avoid those sometimes a lustful eyes thick curve lashes, those cute nose lines, and those feminine jaws. Those eyes of hers feels like I'm always stripping naked in front of her, like Franchesca seeing through my soul. I felt being conscious with it. It was a soft torture, especially when her cheeks started getting red pretty obvious. I admit she has this cold demeanor sometimes I caught when she's alone.

As I continue observing this huge, soft bed with a white thin curtain playing along with the sea breeze. Having four bedposts in it, birds chirping, and those waves continued like background music to my ears this time. Minus the sound of seagulls and bats with their natural smells mixed with the sea salt. Opening a wound is way more painful than healing. I still cannot imagine, how I survived those months of torture. Those melted wax candles put in my skin, layers, and layers, especially in my private parts.

Burn scars are still in there, near my nipples, including between my legs where almost are sensitive parts. Franchesca kissed all my scars, those rugged skins from the wounds that I endured day and night. Franchesca doing her best to help me to heal my trauma, including we both heal each others' nightmares. Many of my scars will be fades, but my memories will always stand still until the last breath of my existence. Franchesca offered me, to have some procedures on my skin laser to be exact, reasons I won't see that past anymore. The only witnesses are those tortures imprinted on my skin in my whole body like anybody's tattoos.

* * *

Reaching the tiny envelope near the nightstand, staring at the black mixed with dark purple color surface as I held it, I even smelled it. The Hassasins warriors came along when we were having dinner. Ruining the seal and curiously looking at what was inside, seeing a small piece of paper greeted my eyes. Opening it slowly I immediately see the note—run -. I grunted as I expected nothing else.

Jumping out of bed, and took a lighter near the candles that I was supposed to burn, but the thin paper has something shadows that was almost visible in it. I manage to walk outside those huge glass doors peeking its white thin curtains. Not only that, but I slowly place the paper up high and studied. It's a map with signs in it like sigils I realized it now regardless of the word—run- but it's not the actual message but why?

“It's an order to kill,” Florence said, standing next to the room balcony opposite where I stood. “ They're waiting for your orders, Lady Camilla” she added. I refrain and leave immediately laying beside Franchesca that is still peacefully sleeping, I understand that she must be tired of taking care of a pregnant woman. Wiping Florence presence, I watched Franchesca's sexy lips and her cute nose those thick curve eyelashes that I am fascinated with. I brushed lightly her cheeks with my fingertips. I saw her gently open her eyes. “ Good morning Lady Camilla” she mumbles and smiles, I smiled back in response. Silence is present at the moment. I sat there, thinking, what was the note about, why would I kill? “come on, let's take a shower”  she said, snapping back to my reality. Franchesca still doing my daily routine, she didn't allow me to do things on my thinking about my current situation.