a boring morning

i usually wake up around 5 am, rush into the shower, put on makeup, shoes and sometimes forget breakfast. today was just the same as any other, until i met him.
I went through my usual morning routine, slipped into my uniform and a pair of worn out black high heels, then i kissed my cat goodbye after leaving him some breakfast and grabbed my coat and bag, simultaneously, wrestling with my pocket to fish out my keys.
I locked my apartment, rushed down all 5 sets of stairs and speeded as fast as a woman in high heels can run, just barely catching the bus as it's doors were closing.

"Late as always, miss." the bus driver smirked as i catched my breath on the stairs. I barely recognized his face from earlier bus rides, but didn't know him well enough for chitchats like these.
I smiled apologizingly and showed him my ticket.

7:22
i glared at my mom's watch as i stepped into the elevator with 2 others.
i acknowledged how fast i was breathing and tried to slow it down by swallowing. I could easily feel their discomfort of my chaos. The numbers over the doors, switched in slow motion from 2-3 as i eagerly tapped my foot.
7:23
shit.
can't this thing go any faster?!

the doors opened after what felt like an eternity and i rushed through the crowd of tables, and in through the "STAFF ONLY" door.
I hung my coat and bag on a hook with my name over it.

"Better late than never! boss is gonna be pissed, ya'know?"
my best friend's voice echoed behind me, magically turning me around.

"I know, Sally. I know." I awkwardly smiled and tightened my apron on the back as i looked past her and walked towards Camille.

her long black hair was tied in a high ponytail, her pointy shoes were new and her mood, pissed as ever.

"Goodmorning mis-"
"Where in god's name have you been? almost half an hour late and you hit me with a "good morning miss„" she mockingly squeaked.
my voice isn't that squirmy, but alright i thought bitterly to myself. I straightened my posture slightly.
"DON'T YOU GOOD MORNING MISS, ME YOU LITTLE..." she continued to curse me off in Spanish as she smacked a notepad with a pen attached on the side into my chest, almost making me drop it on the spot.
"table 32, GO!"
she finished off and gave me a small push on the back.

i breathed out, making my bangs fly into the air. i forced a smile on my face as i neared table 32.
"good-morning, what can i do for you today?"
same as ever, old people with too big of an ego and too small of a tip, despise their wealth.

the day passed in slow motion, my feet aching as i planted a third bandaid on one of them.
i hissed in pain, massaging the sides of my left foot slightly.
"when is this hell overrrrr?" I huffed dramatically.
"3 hours, hang in there, y/n." Sally comforted as she stretched her arms.
I peeked at my watch, truthfully it said 18:54.
"Well. Gotta get back to it!" Her surprisingly optimistic tone sang on her way out.
I smiled to myself and lazily got up from my seat after an irritated groan left my throat, and then i started stacking dirty plates and cups on my tray.
I walked towards the kitchen, hands full as Camille stopped me on my way.

"You. New girl. gentleman at table 12 wants you, specifically to wait him. Don't disappoint. He's a loyal customer, a rather..." she clears her throat "fine man with wealth and success... such class..." her eyes were glued to him across the room, making me unsure if she was even talking to me. she put her fake nail in between her teeth, letting me wait for her to snap back into reality.
"Now, shoo! Hurry!" she finally called and i hurried my way to the washroom and out again.

18:56

I wonder why this so called "fine gentleman" would want me to serve him of all the people working here. I mean, i complain, i'm a giant klutz, i mess up orders and i've barely been working here for a couple weeks...? Maybe he wanted to humiliate me. I shouldn't judge him that quickly. He's probably nice...