Chapter 8: Departure

The morning after, Rias and her companions rose from their slumber, their hearts lightened by Issei's return yet heavy with the knowledge that he no longer wished to share a roof with them.

Meanwhile, in a distant dimension, Issei awoke in his vast bed, reminiscent of the one his harem used to sleep on in his former home. His thoughts, however, remained his secret. Issei had synchronised the dimension's time dilation with Earth's flow to conserve time.

Stretching languidly, he mused, "I finally understand why Rias sleeps naked; it's incredibly relaxing. Unfortunately, I can't do the same, not with this conspicuous mark on my left arm that needs to be concealed."

Issei was confident that his knowledge wouldn't deter the others. "Knowing them won't change a thing. They'll keep trying to sneak into my bed, no matter how many times I switch rooms or secure the door," he stated, his fingers cracking his neck and spine as he rose.

After a refreshing shower and a change into his school uniform, Issei descended to the modern kitchen in his castle, a stark contrast to its Romanian/Dark Academia-esque exterior.

[Ability Used: Rift]

Finishing breakfast, he brushed his teeth and opened a rift to the outside world, emerging on the empty rooftop of the school building.

Glancing toward the school gate, he saw the ORC members arriving simultaneously. Issei asserted, "I arrived here first," as if it were a competition, observing them entering the clubhouse.

Perplexed by his early arrival, he mused, "I don't understand why I arrived so early. There's no need for me to travel at all. I could easily get away with being just under a minute late."

Waiting for the bell to ring, signalling the start of the first period, Issei yawned in weariness. "Finally, I'm exhausted. Did I manage to get sufficient rest?" he pondered, questioning himself assertively. The memory of waking up in the night to experiment with his new Spider-Arms weapon crossed his mind, eliciting a self-deprecating remark, "Well, that was a rather foolish decision."

Throughout the day, he attended classes, avoiding other devils while maintaining a façade of normalcy. Eventually, the interval arrived, and the students dispersed to spend time with their friends, except for Issei, who remained solitary.

X

On the rooftops, Issei observed the scene below where Matsuda and Motohama were receiving a thrashing from the Kendo girls, their expressions caught between agony and bizarre enjoyment. A soft voice, warm and kind, broke the momentary silence.

"You should consider wearing a smile more often; your smile is truly delightful," the voice belonging to Ravel came from behind him.

Issei, recognising her presence without looking, smiled confidently. "Hey, Ravel. It's been quite some time," he greeted, finally turning to face her.

----

Name: Ravel Phenex

Race: Devil

Affiliation: Underworld

Rank: High-Class

Relationship: Friend

Type: Tank (Paladin)

Stats: