𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩 𝟑𝟑

Comenzar desde el principio

But Ryder never stops gushing over me, telling me how he loves me with no makeup and that I'm so "effortlessly pretty".

But we've eventually made it to Luka's, except we sit outside in the car for a moment as I stare up at his apartment. Where everything took place, where I received the dark bruises on my arm.

Ryder waits patiently, reassuring me and telling me to take my time, until I finally muster up the courage to get out.

I lead the way up the path towards the front door, with Ryder following closely behind me. I hesitate, contemplating whether I should just let myself in or knock. While I had made Ryder swear to keep his lips shut and remain still as I came solely to put an end to things, I don't know how Luka would react, opening the door to Ryder.

I breathe out as I push the key into his door for the last time, turning the handle and walking inside. The house is still dark and quiet, so I slowly make my way up the stairs.

When I reach the top, I find Luka sitting on the couch with his laptop, before he finally looks up at me. He seems sober, as I did warn him I was coming over today, so I'm glad this'll be a little easier and calm. He stands from the couch, walking closer to me, when I feel Ryder's fingertips graze my arm.

"You don't need to stand there all 'intimidating', she's not your property, fuck me." Luka let out a derisive scoff and shook his head in disbelief. I knew that would piss Ryder off, especially since he hadn't said a word. "Well that's weird since she shares my last name, wears my ring and sleeps in the same bed as me?" he bites back,

Maybe it wasn't a good idea bringing Ryder inside, we won't get anywhere if they're together. I turn to Ryder, feeling the heat of his body as he stood close to me. I gazed up at him, my voice soft and gentle. "You should go outside," I whispered. As he looks down at me, his eyes are filled with doubt. "I'll be okay," I reassured, reaching out and gently brushing my hand against his.

He gave a subtle nod, his eyes lingering on Luka for a moment before he descended down the stairs.

Luka stays quiet as I turn back around, he doesn't know what to say, but neither do I. The room is silent, as I stare down at my shoes, waiting for him to break the silence. "I'm sorry, Vivienne." his voice croaks. I nod, not completely accepting his apology. I don't think I can forgive him for this all over again. Not like my mother does. My poor mother.

He let out a deep sigh, his eyes fixed on the ground as he spoke again. "I didn't mean to do it— again," he mutters under his breath. My knees feel weak, so I walk closer to him before lowering myself down on the couch. "I'm not here for that, Luka." I admit, my fingers fiddling in my lap.

I don't necessarily want to talk and relive the situation, being in this room is enough. There's nothing that can be said to take away the pain, there's no point talking about it.

"I know." He blows out a sharp breath, sitting down beside me. I clench my hands around my stomach, because it hurts. It hurts being so close to him, especially after what he did. The silence returns, stretching out between us again.

"Amongst other things, you know I can't stay with you after that." I can feel the burn in my throat as I talk, trying to keep my emotions together. He looks at me, his eyes filled with sadness and regret. "I know." he repeats,

"It was bound to happen, it was inevitable, Whether you wanted it to or not." his voice full of pain and disappointment. He's probably right, it was inevitable. I was only ever falling in love with someone else, I just didn't want to believe it. "I'm sorry, Luka." a small sob breaks through as the guilty weighs heavy, despite my best efforts to hold it in.