Chapter 13: A Tearful Vow

"So what are you going to do, girl? Aren't you the number one hero of this agency the government put up?" Slade asked. He held Princess in his arms while he stood behind the other villains.

"All of them look pathetic laying on the floor if you ask me. Should we just crush them?" Blure glanced over at him with his arms crossed.

Radio soon shook his head. "No, I don't want to kill them. Let's take them alive and put chips in them like Princess. The more power we have, the easier it'll be to take down those angels." He rubbed his hands as energy waves manifested from his body.

Serne narrowed his eyes and stretched both arms out. "I disagree, we need to kill them! My cult will take revenge on these blasphemers."

"Just all of you shut up and let me think over this. I will decide if they will serve use to us or we can throw them aside." Slade replied with a frown.

Shit, we're in a rough spot and no one looks like they'll be getting up anytime soon. Cheyanne bit her lip.

Suzume soon held a blade to Yukia while she furrowed her brow. "We must act with haste if we are to survive this situation. Do you have any ideas, Cheyanne?"

"Y-Yes, I have an idea but it'll be risky. See this bone lance I've been holding?" Cheyanne asked with a grin.

"I do see it but what of it?" Suzume replied.

Cheyanne tapped on the bone lance while she snickered. "The bones have burrowed underground and have slowly covered this room from below. I'm going to throw my magic out once they strike if you can cut the lights." She added.

Suzume nodded. "Yes, you have my attention now. I am ready when you are."

"What are you two plotting over there?" Yukia stepped toward them before the floor cracked beneath her. A bone spear flew out with blue lightning as she clenched her teeth and skidded back.

Dozens of bone spears shot out from the room and attempted to pierce the villains. Blue fire along with lightning spewed out from the holes before an ice wall rose between them. The undead servants quickly crawled out and approached the unconscious heroes. They lifted them while leaving the room into the tunnel. Shadows wrapped over Suzume's blade as she swiped at the air. Darkness filled the room while frantic shouts echoed from the other side of the ice wall.

"We got everyone, it's time to retreat and get out while we still can!" Cheyanne snapped her finger as a wall blocked off the room. She held a bone lance in front of her with blue fire. The flame lit the tunnel with light as they hurried to the entrance.

Suzume sprinted behind her as she inhaled. "They should be disoriented by the darkness and magic you threw at them. I think we are in the clear now."

Cheyanne soon smiled back at her. "Not until we see daylight but we pulled it off well. I just hope that Lucy, Talai, and Yori will find their way back. My servants can only do so much carrying with my magic helping." She huffed. After a few minutes, they reached the entrance and lifted each of the heroes to the surface with ease. They closed the hatch as Cheyanne sealed it with magic.

"We can rest easy now for a bit. They can't use Princess and we blocked the tunnels off. What should we do now?" Suzume asked.

"Ugh, for starters you can fetch me something to smoke. My damn head is killing me." Tex rose from the ground and rubbed her forehead. With a pack of cigars, she lit one and eyed the others.

Cheyanne held a hand to her. "You aren't hurt are you? I couldn't see any serious external injuries on anyone so I was worried a bit."

Tex shook her hand and puffed smoke away. "Nope, I don't feel too bad besides having a headache. Whatever that attack was it really got us by surprise. How did we escape from there?"