Chapter 5: Results

Psy lay on the couch with the television in front of her. She flipped through the channels when she caught a glimpse of Princess and froze. Images of the prison, destruction, and injured guards emerged on the screen. With a gasp, she nearly fell off the couch and stumbled out of the room.

"Lucy! Are you there!? I need you to come see this!" Psy yelled.

"I'm coming! What's up?" Lucy quickly flung the door open.

Psy grabbed her by the wrist and pulled her into the room where the news replayed the scene of Princess. Her face grew pale before she fell to her knees and teared up. Lucy bent down to Psy and placed a hand over her back.

"Y-You have to help Princess. I'm still too weak to be of use but you have to! She doesn't deserve to be set up like me earlier with those crazy villains. Please save her!" Psy cried out.

Lucy stared down at her and clenched her teeth. "You have my word, Psy. I'm not going to let them get her in trouble like this. Stay here and I'll bring her back unharmed, I promise." She placed a hand over her chest and grinned.

Psy wiped both eyes and hiccuped. "Thank you so much, you are in my debt!"

"Don't thank me just yet. I'll return so keep watch of the news and let the others know too!" Lucy rose from the floor and left the room. Her wings twitched while she approached the windows. With a hand raised, she sliced a small hole into it and jumped out. As she quickly descended from the building, her wings extended and she halted in place.

Those three villains are going to pay big time once I get to them. They won't throw me off track like last time either! Lucy furrowed her brow. A faint aura emerged when she closed her eyes. Princess flashed through her head when she soared toward the west of the city. Several minutes passed by when the aura grew intense.

A phone rang from her pocket before she pulled it out and answered. "Hello, what's up?"

Cheyanne's voice soon picked up. "Hey, we just got the messages from earlier. Seleph is on her way to the prison facility to help. Where are you at?" She asked.

"I'm getting close to the prison as we speak. Listen Chey, I have to do this despite this being your duties. Psy broke down in front of me and I couldn't just say no. Hope you don't hold anything against me for this." Lucy exhaled.

"No, I wouldn't do anything like that. It'd be best if you waited but I won't stop you. Tex and I are on our way back still so hopefully this gets resolved." Cheyanne replied.

Lucy held the phone tightly. "You can count on me and I'll see you when you two get home. I love you!" She hung up and stared down at the fields below.

Helicopters circled the building with cop cars and armed men in uniforms rushing over from the parking lots. Once she landed, a trio of cops stood before her and one approached her. They pulled their radio out and listed a code before adjusting their utility belt.

"Say, are you that girl's friend? She's currently causing a huge mess inside the prison. Do you happen to know why that is?" The police officer asked.

"No, but I do find it odd that cops are coming to me instead of running to the scene. You three all reek of suspicious auras. Just who are you?" Lucy held a fist to them.

The cops melted into the ground when three figures stood in their place. Council stood in the middle with Maki and Ginger on their left. An energy barrier shot up between them and Lucy as cops attempted to push through.

"Damn, you're too good at sniffing out fakes. It's a shame you couldn't do that earlier to prevent your friend from being humiliated like that." Council snickered.